Barrow and District KA
17th February 2019
- Sanderson’s Owlspoint Trouble at Mill. Mature, well made and nicely moving D. Balanced in head with good length of muzzle and low set ears. Well boned legs with firm feet. Correct topline and tailset giving a correctly balanced outline. Really impressed. Gp3 in strong competition.
- Sanderson’s Owlspoint Trouble Again. Giving a lot away in age but so full of quality. Good head with low ears, Well constructed body just right for the age. Well angulated quarters. Moved well for 8 months. BP and PG2. Very promising indeed.
German Shorthaired Pointer
Open (5, 1 abs)
- Milligan’s Isara Kurzhaar All Spice. Won this tricky class on her sound and precise movement. This well put together 3 year old has a lovely outline with clean neck of good length, balanced body with good length of ribs. Strong well angulated quarters which she uses to advantage. Best of Breed.
- Malin’s Keigame Murphlette at Benrae
Another good one. Clean and balanced in outline with good shoulders, strong couplings and well-turned stifles. Moved soundly holding her topline well.
- Brown’s Newlands Pass to Montalba
- Scott and Legg’s Sh Ch Rhapsody in Blue. Such a sound honest type. Well-shaped head with alert expression and good eyes. Straight front with good feet. Well angulated shoulders lead to balanced body and well angulated quarters. Good colour and turned out in fit condition. Moved well.
Hungarian WH Viszla
- Wolfenden’s Majestic Lady Von Vondermeer. Well headed six year old in super muscular condition. Strong in neck with well laid shoulders, good topline and well-developed quarters. Looked well.
Post Grad (2,1)
- French’s Diervilla Zen Power. Lovely head with correct bite. Long neck leads into straight well boned front. Carrying plenty of coat. Needed a larger ring to show to advantage.
- Firth’s Sh Ch Crieda Eagel with Sophalba Five year old in hard condition. Correct head with dark eyes and gentle expression. Well placed ears. Straight front with good bone and elbows nicely tucked in. Well balanced body with correct length and good width. Decent rear angulation. Moved well once settled. Best of Breed.
- Bennett’s Hochopepa Gladys Emmanuel. Feminine head with good shape and balance. Strong neck of good length. Firm couplings and correct tail set. Moved straight and true.
Post Grad (6,2)
- Oddie’s Sharnphilly Boondoggle, just 6 months with a well-balanced head with lots of work in it. Well boned with tidy feet and super rear angulation. As you would expect with one so young, needs time to fill out but was so settled on the move. Best Puppy
- Gordon’s Hawkfield Flibbertigibert Also 6 months and showing promise. Good head with correct ear placement, strong neck of good length. Straight front legs and balanced in body. Not as together on the move as the winner.
- Mason’s Freebreeze Curtain Call
- Gordon’s Hawkfield Audacity Really taken by this one today. Just out of junior and looking so well. Has a beautiful head with masculinity but without coarseness. Kind expression and well-placed ears. Strong neck leads to sloping shoulders and well-balanced body with a good length of rib. Super feet. Firm topline with good tail set. Plenty of strength to his quarters. Playful on the move but showed reach and drive. Best of Breed Group 1 in hot competition.
- Mason’s Freebreeze Figaro. One I have liked previously looking well for his 8 years. Classic head shape with good reach of neck. Straight, well boned legs with enough width and depth to his body. Well-turned stifles. He moved steadily and correctly.
- Copley’s Monchique Imperial Beau at Emmabe
Well made and strongly put together boy of 9 months. Lovely head with dark eyes and kind expression. Straight in front with tight feet. Good width of rib for his age. Well angulated quarters. Looked well. BP and PG3. Should go on to do well.
- Shepherd’s Parlickview Maggie May
Pretty 11 month girl with lovely head and good ear placement. Strong neck of good length. Well boned through with good length of rib. In good coat condition. Moved soundly.
- Trafford’s Wynrita Misti Daze
Post Grad (7,2)
- Thomson’s Corsemaul I’m Staying
Impressed with this boy today. Strongly made but not over done in any way. Good head with dark eyes and kind expression. String neck of good length leads to nicely angulated shoulders and straight, well boned front. Well developed body with firm couplings and good top line. Well angulated quarters allowed him to move with drive. Best of Breed and Gp3 in a very strong group.
- Trotter’s Baricia Let it Shine
Another good one. Well balanced in head with defined stop and correct ear placement Strong neck of good length. Well laid shoulders. Balanced in body with good topline and tail set. Well angulated quarters. Moved with enthusiasm. Close up.
- Catterall and Jackson’s Golmas Guardsman
- Catterall and Jackson’s Golmas Guardsman
Third in the previous class. Lovely young lad, not giving his all today. Lovely head with plenty of shape and dark eyes. Strong well boned legs, neat feet. Balanced in body with good length of ribs and enough depth for his age.
- Walker and Roberts’ Gloi U Know Who
Pleasing in head with good eye colour and gentle expression. Strong neck of good length. Well laid shoulders. Good width and depth of chest. Plenty of rear angulation.
- Middlemiss’ Evenmint Charles Ton Around Padend
- Smith’s Flyenpig Porky Pig
10 months Yellow D. Well-shaped head with good length of muzzle and good ear placement. Straight in front with good depth of chest. Firm short couplings give a correct topline. Well developed quarters with good width of thigh. Moved steadily but true. Best of Breed, Best Puppy and PG4
- McFaull’s Mallorns Arainn Bogarie
Solidly made 9 month black enjoying his day. Good head with plenty of stop. Straight, well boned front. Good width of chest.
Post Grad (3)
- Smith’s Flyenpig Where Ya Bin
Nicely made puppy. Feminine through with pretty head, good eyes and well-placed ears. Straight in front. Balanced in body with short firm couplings. Moved well here. Should mature nicely.
- McFaull’s Lulukellas Hometown Glory
More mature black of good temperament. Decent head with good bite. Good width to her ribs. Good feet. Preferred topline of the winner when moving.
- Smith’s Flyenpig Snout Like It
- Smith’s Flyenpig Snout Better
Mature and steady five-year-old. Nicely shaped head with dark eyes. Strong neck of good length. Well laid shoulders. Well turned stifles. Correct tail set. Moved the better here but had to give way to her kennel mate for honours today.
- Wills’ Newforem Popping Back to Aqualoop
6-year-old of different type. Strong in neck with well developed ribs. Not moving as well as the winner today.
Post Grad (2)
- Davies Annaside Starring Role
Well presented black carrying good body and in lovely coat and condition. Lovely head with balance and kind expression. Good reach of neck. Decent in front with good feet. Well balanced body leads to well angulated quarters. Moved well. Best of Breed.
- Cross’ Afterparti Emmys Star At 9 months was giving a lot away in age. Pleasing head, well bodied and happy on the move. Needs to settle and should go on to do well.
- Davies’ Annaside Shining Star. Refined head with good stop and low set ears. Well balanced in body with good angulation and firm topline. Moved truly. Presented in first class order.
- Walsh’s Blueacre Oh Danny Boy
Blue D of stronger type and plenty to like about him. Not going as well as the winner today.
- Cross’ Afterparti Emmys Star
AV Gundog NSC
- Schoneville and Derry’s English Setter Kenaiteen Feta
Fell for this 6 months Orange. Lovely head with dark eyes and kind expression. Clean neck of good length. Straight well boned front leads to good feet. Well angulated shoulders. Body right for her age. With good length of loin and decent topline. Well bent stifles. She moved well and was in good coat and condition. Best NSC Puppy and my Puppy Group winner.
- Murray’s WSS Madsprings Drogon From Priestbeck
Promising 10-month boy. Pleasing head with good eye colour and well-placed ears. Straight front, elbows nicely tucked in and good feet. Good body with firm couplings. Well turned stifles. Moved with enthusiasm.
- Smith’s Field Span Fecimus Living the Dream at Flyenpig
Post Grad (3,1)
- Way’s Sussex Span Eald Village Poacher for Shuvick
Super boy, maturing really well. Lovely head with good ears and that typical expression. Correct bite. Well boned straight front legs. Lovely coat colour. Moved well showing himself to advantage.
- Whittaker’s IRWS Oldestone Caught in the Act
Well made through. Balanced head with good stop and shape below his eyes. Correct in front. Mature in body with good depth and width of chest. Firm couplings and good width over his quarters. In super coat. Just needs to settle to show his virtues.
What a super class. Some that I have judged and given top honours before with new ones of equal merit. A pleasure and headache combined!
- Clarke’s WSS Ferndel High Fidelity with Tigerrock
Outstanding example of the breed. Typical, balanced and free from exaggeration. Good head with gentle expression. Strong clean neck of good length. Mature in body with good depth of chest, firm well-muscled loins and lovely topline. Good width over his quarters. Moved well. Presented in good coat and condition. Best NSC and Group 2.
- Abba’s Gordon Setter Hernwood Summer Lovin
One I have judged and liked previously. Coming along well. Beautiful head well balanced in body with good width and depth to his ribs. Strong quarters with well-turned stifles. In good coat. Moved well. Pushed the winner hard.
- Goodwin’s Sussex Span Serendel Sussex Endeavour
AV Gundog Veteran (10, 5)
- Cunliffe’s ESS Calvdale My Girl of Fallenleaf
Hard to believe this one is in her tenth year. Looking so well. Refined in head with low set ears and well made through. Straight in front, balanced in body and nicely turned stifles. She was well turned out and moved well.
- Schoneville’s GSP Balvenie Midnight Rambler
Lovely headed and well put together. Lovely feet. Balanced in body with good rear angulation. Moved well. In really good condition.
- Thomson’s Golden Ret Corsemaul New Kid on the Block
With such a quality group, it was a matter of splitting hairs. For the winner, I chose the Pointer, closely followed by the WSS, Golden Ret and Bracco. All showing plenty of quality and worthy representatives of their breeds.
Gundog Puppy Group
Another quality line up from which I chose the English Setter, followed by the Bracco, Golden Ret, and Labrador.
AV Howard and Sue Kennedy memorial Puppy Stakes (28 entries)
A super class to judge. Many of whom will undoubtably go on to win well.
- Graham and Law’s Dobermann, Sharhystes Luck of the Devil
No luck needed here! Smart 8 months D. Lovely head good neck and well boned straight front with the best of feet. Well angulated quarters without being overdone. In good body. Moved easily.
- Edwards’ Pug Adoraden Winnie Mc Googan
Another good one. Just 6 months and already looking the part. Super head compact body with good legs and feet. Moved well for her age holding her topline well.
- Sanderson’s Bracco Owlspoint Trouble Again