YKC Members Stakes (Toy) (4,2)
- Loye & Taylor’s,Fribonch Miss Dior, 16 months Bichon Frise, which was of good size and shape. She has a nicely balanced head, with an excellent dark eye. Nice neck and lovely topine, well set on tail. Chest well developed for her age, she was excellent coming and going, well presented and handled.
- Pikes, Breezelyn Dandy Dick Turpin, 21 months Pom, of excellent type, pleasing head, with nice eye. He has an excellent topline and tail carriage, just a shade long in the loin. He stands a little crooked in front, moved freely and was really well presented and handled.
YKC Members Stakes (Terrier) (9,2)
- Hampton & Wynter’s, Jean De Cresecques Avec Furlongfox (imp). 3 years old Wire Fox Terrier of excellent size and shape. Lovely head with an excellent eye and expression. Excellent ear size, placement and carriage. Nice reach of neck, good topline and tail. Could be a little cleaner in the front on the move, well presented and handled.
- Jefferies’, Frontline Simply Beautiful. 6 years old Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, lovely shape and size, a balanced head and a nice reach of neck. Excellent topline with good angulation front and rear, excellent coat. Lovely balanced movement in profile, could be tidier coming and going. Lovely presentation and handling.
- Hampton & Wynter’s, Robelroy Many Dreams at Furlongfox.
Junior Handling Association (6-11 Years) (2,1)
- Alice Hill. Alice stood alone in this class but her performance was excellent. She was immaculately presented and had a great interaction with her Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. Alice was excellent at shadowing, did a wonderful pattern, keeping an eye on the judge at all times and moving at a perfect pace. Well done, you have a great future.
Junior Handling Association (12-16 Years) (2)
- Poppy Wynter. Poppy did a great performance, she was calm and worked well with her Wire Fox Terrier. She was excellent at the shadowing, perfect pace on the move and an excellent interaction with her dog. Well Done Poppy.
- Orlagh Belle Blossom Lui. Orlagh did a really nice round today, she was patient and sympathetic with an Irish Soft Coated Wheaten who had other plans for his day !!! Orlagh can improve on her patterns, but she will have a bright future handling and she was quick to notice when I tried to trick her by moving her dogs leg.
Eukanuba Puppy Dog Stakes (19,6)
- Evans, Ralphina All About Kevin (Lakeland Terrier)…only just turned six months but this boy had been well schooled. Compact with excellent size and shape. Good eye, excellent ear size, placement and carriage. Nice neck with a good topline and tail. He has good bone and is correctly angulated front and rear and stayed balanced at all times. He was nicely balanced in his side gait when settled on the move. Best Overall on Day 1, good luck in the future with him.
- Robbs. Gleniren Moonlight Magic (Papillon) 8 months old and he has a lot of style about him.Excellent size for his age, lovely head, beautiful eye and expression. Ears were good size and well carried. Excellent topline, and he stands well front and rear. Has an excellent temperament and moved freely, would just like him to have been a little tidier coming towards, am sure he will have a bright future.
- Holmans, Baromar Dubonet at Altina (Pomeranian)
Eukanuba Puppy Bitch Stakes (18,10)
- Kettles, Foxinden Prettiest Star (Smooth Fox Terrier) ..Almost 7 months, she is a super shape, with a balanced head and a lovely eye. She has a lovely reach of neck, pleasing topline and tail. Good bone and feet, nice free moving bitch who was well presented and handled.
- Mackrell’s, Marfick Moxy Rocks (Australian Silky Terrier).. 7 months old, with an attractive feminine head, nice eye, good ear size and carriage. Nice reach of neck and good topline, coat is coming nicely. She has a beautifully balanced side gait, could just stand a little better in the front.
- Bartley’s, Krementski D’Giulietta Di Verona Atelib (imp)(West Highland White Terrier)
YKC Members Stakes (Gundogs) (18,5)
- Wallis & Levene’s, Petranellea the Real Deal of Pendarlow, 4 years old English Springer Spaniel, nicely balanced medium sized bitch. She has a pleasing head, with a lovely eye, super reach of neck. Slight dip on topline, excellent croup and tail placement. Angulations are excellent front and rear, she has excellent bone and was nicely balanced on the move. Well presented and handled.
- Walker’s, Valentisimo’s Tizi, Almost 4 years old, a very pleasing Spanish Water Dog, of good substance. Excellent size and shape with a balanced head. Good strong neck, excellent topline and well angulated front and rear. Well presented and handled and she has lovely balance in her side gait.
- Newson’s, Tivalake Let’s Misbehave.
Junior Handling Association (6-11 Years) (2,1)
- Georgia Maskell . Georgia stood alone, but she did a lovely job handling her Weimaraner. She had an excellent pace with her dog, great interaction, was very good at shadowing and knew lots of information on her breed. Am sure she will have a bright future handling.
Junior Handling Association (12-16 Years) (7)
- Abigail Levene. Abigail put in a lovely performance with her English Springer Spaniel. She has good lead control, excellent pace with her dog, and patterns were super. Am sure you will have a great future not only in handling but also in the breed ring, well done.
- Fleur Walker. Fleur was very calm with a young Welsh Springer Spaniel who was not helping her. Fleur did not get flustered, kept her dog balanced, had lovely lead control and super patterns. Having seen Fleur also handle a much calmer SWD in the YKC Stakes, I guess she is challenging herself with other breeds and she did a great job and will have a great future.
- Lauren Huyton.
Eukanuba Puppy Stakes Dogs (16,5)
1.Gordon’s, Hawkfield Audacity (ai) (Pointer) 10 months old, who has a beautiful outline, balanced head with an excellent muzzle. Lovely reach of neck, well developed chest. Flowing topline and excellent tail carriage. Well muscled for his age, he was beautifully balanced on the move, holding a lovely shape in profile. Today he beat his litter sister for Best Overall on the day and while perhaps not at his best on the final day, I am sure he will have a super future.
- Vicars, Peersbrook Game Set Match,(Golden Retriever) 7 months old, well grown for his age, he has a very pleasing shape. He has a lovely eye and expression , ears are well placed. Nice reach of neck and lovely topline. Super bone and he is well angulated front and rear. Just showing a little tiredness as the class went, am sure he will have a bright future.
- Brown’s, Graygees Gigolo (German Shorthaired Pointer)
Eukanuba Puppy Bitch Stakes (25,10)
- Watkins, Phillips & Gordon’s, Hawkfield Audacious (ai) (Pointer) 10 months old ultra feminine, was drawn to her in original line up, she presents such a beautifully balanced picture. Attractive head, lovely reach of neck, super topline. The handler really got the best out of her and I was not surprised to learn she was litter sister to the Dog Stakes winner. She was good coming and going, I just felt that she could drive out better from behind.
- Brown’s, Graygees Fun N’Game, (German Shorthaired Pointer) 8 months old, beautifully balanced girl, lovely shape, attractive feminine head with a lovely reach of neck. Lovely topline and well presented, could have been just a touch more positive on the move, hope she has a great future.
- Angus’, Sparkenhoe Overture (German Shorthaired Pointer).
YKC Members Stakes (Working) (11,7)
Would like to say a very well done to the handlers in the YKC Classes today as their dogs had to cope with severe thunder and flashes of lightening. The handlers all interacted with their to ensure that they coped and did not get stressed. Well done.
- Brown’s, Icewolf It’s Witcraft at Icetrax, 9 months old Alaskan Malamute, very pleasing type, well grown youngster, he has super bone, lovely shape and outline. Balanced head, nice eye and expression, good neck and super topline, excellent movement with good tail carriage, well handled.
- Pike’s, Breezelyn Amber, 21 months Portuguese Water Dog, attractive feminine head of correct balance, with a lovely eye. Nice reach of neck, excellent topline and tail placement. Excellent body proportions, she just tends to stand a little wide in the front and could be cleaner coming towards. Really nicely handled.
- Rees’, Ch Winter Melody Hot On the Top at Amical.
YKC Members Stakes (Pastoral) (11,8)
- Pletz-Kazantzis & Busby’s, Foxearth Fandella, 23 months Smooth Collie, lovely size and shape with a nice clean head. Medium dark eyes, ears well placed and carried. Nice reach of neck, good topline. Good bone and excellent feet. Lovely balanced movement.
- Lee’s, Master of Illusion, 13 month Border Collie male of pleasing type. He has a nicely balanced head, nice reach of neck, nice dark eye. Good bone and excellent topline, with good angulation front and rear. Tends to stand a little crooked in the front, nicely balanced on the move and well handled.
- Hansford & Donnelly’s, Alvgi Borzas Dona at Peregos (Imp).
Junior Handling Association (6-11 Years) (9,7)
- Freya Morris. Freya worked well with a headstrong Alaskan Malamute. Good pace with dog and nice interaction, needs to be careful not to come between dog and judge and also her lead control, but in circumstances with the dog today, I was happy to forgive her that..
- Bobbi Lee. Bobbi handled her young Border Collie very well. Great interaction with dog, and good pace and patterns. Just needs to be careful coming between judge and dog and also her lead control.
Junior Handling Association (12-16 Years) (6,3)
- Nicole Owles. Nicole put in a foot perfect performance with her Newfoundland, the combination working as one. She had good interaction with her dog, moved the dog at an excellent pace, excellent patterns and good breed knowledge. I am sure you will be one of the top handlers in the show world over the coming years.
- Alaska Brown. Alaska did a lovely job with her Alaskan Malamute, she had great interaction with her dog, super lead controls and awareness of where the judge was. Her patterns were not so perfect today, but only a small thing for her to correct, well done Alaska.
- Oliver Lawrence.
Eukanuba Puppy Dog Stakes (27,10)
- Jones’, Korifey Dark Knight (Dobermann Pinscher) Almost 9 months old, this dog caught my eye immediately. Beautifully balanced, lovely outline, balanced head, with excellent parallels, good strength to the muzzle, nice eye and expression, super reach of neck. He has well defined withers and lovely flowing topline, excellent tail placement, well angulated front and rear and nice tight feet. He has good bone and well developed chest for his age. His movement was effortless with good drive from behind and he was beautifully handled. Pleased to award him Best Overall on the day and on the final day in the big ring, he moved even better and I was delighted to send him forward to the Pup of the Year Final.
- Lambert, Eastham & Craig’s, Avice Airborne with Bouvpilot (Bouvier Des Flandres) 9 months old and a super youngster, full of quality and presented in tip top condition. He is lovely size and shape, has a balanced head with a nice eye. Excellent reach of neck, good topline and tail. Excellent bone and coat of correct texture, which was presented perfectly. Moved and handled really well, unlucky to come up against the Dobermann.
- Foster’s, Fostebrie Supremo Noir (Briard)
Eukanuba Puppy Bitch Stakes (29,10)
- Sarson & Watts’, Millthorpe The Secret at Swanpool (Newfoundland). 10 months old, this shapely bitch really caught my eye. She is beautifully balanced, with an attractive feminine head, lovely reach of neck, excellent topline and croup, super bone and feet. At all times she was balanced and really well handled. Beautiful movement in profile, i would just prefer her eye a touch darker. I hope she has a great career ahead of her.
- Tousent & Ingram’s, Jojavik Camorra (Dobermann Pinscher) 9 months old and lovely quality bitch of excellent type. Attractive feminine head, but still having good strength, lovely eye, ears are tidy and well placed. She has a nice reach of neck and super topline. Good bone and excellent angulation in the rear, just found her at times to be a little lethargic on the move. Half sister to my Dog Stakes winner, am sure she will have a bright future.
- Mackie, Lester & Smith’s, Domburg Made By Hawksflight (BSD Tervueren)
YKC Members Stakes (Utility) (19,7)
- Donaldson’s, Ch Zorbaloo The Black Ice, 4 years old Schipperke whom I have given a CC to. She is lovely type, balanced head with medium dark eye and lovely expression and nice neat ears. Excellent body shape, good bone and feet, excellent coat texture, moved really well, nicely balanced side gait and expertly handled.
- Elvidge & Webb’s, Abelenus Delta Alysia, 4 years old, lovely type, really caught my eye for her shape and balance. Balanced head with a nice eye, good topline and excellent angulation. Excellent coat texture and she has the most lovely side gait, so balanced, however, I would just have liked her to be more positive in the rear moving away.
- Bull-Harris & Sampson’s, Pendream Rising Star.
YKC Members Stakes (Hounds) (15,1)
- Dalgarno’s, Eardley Shirley Knott Avec Vencharno, 20 month old Beagle, lovely balanced head, nice eye, ears well placed. Nice reach of neck and excellent topline, she has great bone, good angulations front and rear and moved freely. Really well handled.
- Kitchen’s, Swingletrees Roses are Red at Tarkdash, 11 months Min Smooth Dachshund, excellent size, lovely balanced outline, nice clean head with lovely eye and expression. Excellent topline and correct tail carriage. Lovely coming and going on the move and has quite an attitude too, well presented and handled.
- Robertson’s, Around Zlightly Different with Soletrader (imp).
Junior Handling Association (6-11 Years) (13,4)
- Charlie-Louise Quick. Well done Charlie, you did a great class with your Japanese Shiba Inu. You were aware of the judges position when entering the ring and were switched on from the start. Your pace with the dog was perfect, excellent pattern, no issues with shadowing and lead control was perfect, just one blip when you dropped lead, but your composure to quickly recover was admirable. Am sure you have a very bright future ahead.
- Alana Harp-Jones. Alanna is a lovely handler, good patterns, excellent lead control, good interaction with the dog and excellent at the shadowing. Am sure you will have a bright future handling in this discipline or in the breed rings..
- Erin Roberston.
Junior Handling Association (12-16 Years) (6,1)
- Abby Webb. This was a tough class with all lovely handlers and not much separating any of them. Abby put in an excellent performance with her TT, who was just getting a little tired. Switched on as soon as she entered the ring, her shadowing was top class, excellent lead control, good interaction with her dog and noticed my attempt to move her dogs leg. Sympathetic handling when her dog decided it had enough, just slightly short on one bar of the final pattern, but a most impressive piece of handling, Well Done.
- Leah Scales. Leah handled a Schipperke, never an easy breed and this one showed all the breed characteristics. But Leah coped admirably, excellent shadowing with a difficult breed, good pace, good interaction with dog and excellent lead control, you have a lovely style of handling and will go far.
- Teigan Harp-Jones.
Eukanuba Puppy Dog Stakes (33,10)
- Hearne’s, Snoanda Designer Label (Tibetan Terrier). 10 months Black & White, he caught my eye immediately. Lovely size and shape with a balanced head and nice eye. Nice reach of neck, super topline, good angulations front and rear and excellent coat texture. Moved beautifully in profile. Very well handled, he won a very strong class against some lovely youngsters and finished up runner up overall later in the big ring against the Dobermann.
- Dunhill’s, Vormund The Real Slim Shady (Japanese Shiba Inu) 8 months old, he is super type. Beautiful outline, well angulated front and rear. Lovely head with the most beautiful eye and expression. Excellent ear carriage, nice reach of neck and good topline. Good bone and feet. Well handled and he has a beautifully balanced side gait. Has already set the rings alight, am sure he will go onto even greater things.
- Horne’s, Aust Ch Zaland in Rehab at Chanceinn (Imp) (Lhasa Apso)
Eukanuba Puppy Bitch Stakes (38,10)
- Cunningham’s Walamadengie Coco Chanelle (Rhodesian Ridgeback) 8 months old, and beautifully balanced with attractive feminine head and lovely eye. Excellent reach of neck, lovely topline. Good bone and angulations are excellent. She was beautiful to watch on the move, so balanced with excellent tail carriage. She did get a little fidgity towards the end of class, but only showing some character and she will have a great career, was unlucky to come up against the lovely TT today.
- Woods’, Penbro Put A Spell On You (Min Schnauzer), 6 months and what a little star. She is a lovely shape and size, with a beautifully balanced head, nice eye and expression. Lovely tidy ears, well carried, she has a nice reach of neck, excellent topline and good coat texture. Well angulated front and rear, nicely balanced side gait, just needs to strengthen in the rear moving away. Am sure she will have a bright future.
- Schulz’s, Neradmik Pocketful of Miracles to Skydust (Keeshond)
Judge Paul Lawless