Bournemouth Ch Show – 13 August 2018
Critique for OES
I would like to thank the society for inviting me to judge and the exhibitors who travelled to the show. Not a very big entry, but some good quality dogs. On the whole the dogs were well groomed and teeth were clean. Just remember pads need trimming, I found a few where the hair in the pads was quite long. I was very pleased to see my Best of Breed achieve Pastoral Group 1. Many congratulations.
Special Beginners D/B (1)
1) Poole’s Mellowdee Coral Gladioli – Sweet 8 month old bitch with a good head developing well. Well defined stop and good skull. Correct bite. Brown eyes with good pigment. Body developing well, brisket still to drop as I would expect at this age. Coat beginning to change and just about right for age. Moved ok once settled. Pleased to see she has awarded 2nd place in the special beginners group later in the day.
Puppy D/B (2)
1) Wilkinson’s Kalaju Klassicly Klassy – Feminine 8 ½ month old bitch. Well developed head with well defined stop. Correct bite. Good reach of neck into well laid back shoulders. Dark, well pigmented eyes. Body maturing well. Coat changing nicely and of a good texture for age. Confident and striding out on the move, although a little excited as would expect at this age. Best Puppy.
2) Poole’s Mellowdee Coral Gladioli
Junior D/B (3)
1) Robertson’s Hickorystix Keep The Faith – 17 month old bitch, well developed skull, with good stop. Correct bite. Neat ears, carried well. Well laid back shoulders, adequate neck, but needs to comb the coat down to show it off. Dark eye, well pigmented. Good depth of brisket. Good bend of stifle, well muscled and neat hocks. Profuse junior coat of good texture. Moves well with good extension.
2) Jones’s Kerjalee Dream Moments at Wenallt – Another 17 month old bitch with good head properties and a well defined stop. Brown eyes with good pigment and kind expression. Ears well placed and carried well. Good reach of neck leading to well laid back shoulders. Body developing well. Well muscled. Coat changing well, just needs more undercoat. Nice square outline. Moved well.
3) Jone’s Hickorystix Mr Bojangles At Cooljays – 17 month old dog, Good head, neat ears, correct bite. Brown eyes with good pigment. Well muscled with good bend of stifle. Coat needs to clear. Not so settled on the move. Reserve Best Dog.
Post Graduate D/B (1)
1) Winson’s Jandoes Cristal Sparkles At Meisan – 21 month old bitch, large type but still feminine. Well developed head, square muzzle and well defined stop. Neat ears, carried well. Correct bite. Good reach of neck into well laid back shoulders. Coat of a good colour and texture. Good depth of brisket, well muscled rear and good angulation. Moved well. Reserve Best Bitch.
Limit Dog (1)
1) Reeves’ Shaggy Blue Bob’s Xerxes at Brinkley (Imp) – Upstanding 19 month old dog. He has great ring presence. Very well developed square head, neat well placed ears. Correct bite. Dark eyes, well pigmented. Good reach of neck and good shoulder placement. Well boned. Good depth of brisket. Well muscled hind quarters, with good bend of stifle and neat hocks. Coat still maturing, but of good quality and texture. Moved out well. One to watch for the future. Best Dog, and Best of Breed. Was very pleased to see he was awarded Pastoral Group 1 later in the day. Well done.
Limit Bitch (1)
1) Naismith’s Zottels Honey Moon at Shaggybo Sh.CM – A mature bitch of good quality. She has good head properties, with a capacious skull and well defined stop. Ears carried well. Brown eyes well pigmented. Ample length of neck leading to well placed shoulders. Well developed body with good depth of brisket. Well muscled hind quarters. Neat hocks and good bend of stifle. Excellent coat of good texture. Moved steady. Another one to watch for the future. Best Bitch and Reserve Best of Breed.
Janet Steele (Judge)