COLCHESTER AND DISTRICT CANINE SOCIETY
OPEN SHOW 23rd DECEMBER 2018
Long drive in dreadful weather but to arrive at a nice venue with a well organised show Committee and Secretary keeping to a good schedule. Lots of classes with some very nice dogs to go over with many quality dogs not receiving top honours. Must thank the exhibitors for their entries. I had a lovely day with a very good and helpful steward in Robert Vanston.
PUPPY 2 ENTRIES
- MCERLANES’ SULYNBOURNE MILLER’S MOON (Bearded Collie) Seems strange to say he stood out in a class of two but took my attention immediately lovely proportion with good daylight under him. Well balanced head with kind soft eyes with brows uses ears well and alert expression, head carried well on a slightly arched neck the best of two, great topline and preferred his croup and set and carried tail, well bodied and covered in a good double coat of slate grey and white. Lovely angles front and rear, and legs well boned. Such ground covering reach in this small area, free and sound both ends. BAVNSC PUPPY
- MORRISONS’ SULYNBOURNE MISTLETOE MOON Bearded Collie) I see the breeder is the lady who owns this bitch and bred my dog winner. She should be proud as both were lovely just preferred the finish of the dog plus his coat had more density and growth. Very pretty balanced head, soft expression, carried head well just needing a little more neck for me. Firm backline and slight fall off of the croup. Nicely ribbed body of correct balance with very good ribcage well back. Good texture to her slate grey and white coat just needing more density and length. Straight forelegs with good bone, giving good ground clearance. Stylish mover little close behind, nice forward reach.
JUNIOR 2 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- PULLEN, RUTLAND, & PORTERS’ HONKY TONK BLUES AT MEADOWBEARS. Square strongly built young male of good size, lovely built square head, dark well positioned eyes, stop, neat well held ears. Good length of neck and well laid shoulders, short broad back with good rump, well set and carried tail. Would have liked little better angle at front, nice chest depth, elbows well in on straight well boned forelegs, to small tight feet. Compact body with good substance and well ribbed. Well presented in a heavy shaggy harsh textured very light blue and white jacket. Muscular quarters well developed and moved out with good trotting action and a rear rolling sound gait.
POST GRADUATE 6 ENTRIES
- BENTONS’ OAKESTELLE ARTEMIS (Smooth Collie) A beautiful presented and elegant 18 months old stunning bitch of lovely strength and muscle tone. Pretty well worked wedge shaped head with strong underjaw, lovely ear set and carriage, dark almond eyes with a sweet expression well positioned at a very slight stop. Well arched neck of good length well angulated shoulders and firm backline with muscular hindquarters and developed thigh and stifle. Well sprung ribs in a nice body of good weight covered by a flat harsh textured blue merle coat. Straight moderately boned legs with well padded tight arched feet, smooth free moving with correct forward action and strong rear drive.
- BENTON & BEMELMANS’ OAKESTELLE ASTERIA (Smooth Collie) litter sister to above and has the same comments about her outline and balance. Has a pretty wedge shaped head not quite the strength of foreface or underjaw. Correct break between her dark almond eyes, neat held and used ears. Nicely arched neck well laid back shoulders into firm backline well moulded rump and set on tail. Beautifully presented Tri harsh textured flat jacket over a well sprung ribbed body, well angulated front and rear quarters with good depth. Moderately boned straight forelegs with neat arched feet, good return of stifle and straight hocks, sound mover with free forward reach and rear drive.
- Honky Tonk Blues at Meadowbears(Old English Sheepdog).
OPEN 10 ENTRIES
- AMONS’ CH MYSTARZ LAVISH LOITSU TO PEPPERTHYME (Swedish Vallhund) Not a breed that always catches my attention but this 3 year old girl stood out as so typical, looking stunning as she moved with such style and confidence. Very feminine, long clean cut wedge shaped head, defined stop between her dark alert eyes. Nice head carriage on muscular neck into long well laid shoulders into a powerful built body under a firm level backline, beautifully conditioned flat double jacket. Muscular and correctly angulated front and rear. Short slightly bent forelegs, strong padded feet, with a good return of stifle both showing forward action and powerful rear drive. BNSCP and PGRP1. I was delighted later to learn that she had gained her title.
- COOKS’ TYNGELI HEAVEN SENT BY WEETONEON A1 (Hungarian Puli) Very impressive on the stance. Showed femininity this sturdy 3 year old bitch of good moderate size and covered in a beautifully black corded coat with well separated. Small round looking head well coated, dark well positioned eyes well pigmented, good stop, black nose. Good neck to shoulders to short back to high set tail with good cords. Deep body with ribs deep and well back into short loin. Muscular hindquarters well turned stifle, straight boned legs and tight feet, stylish sound mover with quick brisk action.
- BENTONS’ OAKESTELLE VENUS DE MILO (smooth Collie)
PASTORAL GROUP WINNERS
- AMONS’ CH MYSTARZ LAVISH LOITSU TO PEPPERTHYME (Swedish Vallhund)
- BEAUMONTS’ KANAMAREN TRICK OF THE TAIL AT BORDER BEAU JW (Border Collie) Impressive
- MAXWELL & WALLIS’ TRENLEY TATENEN AT HAMISKS (Rough Collie) Very stylish
- MERRILL & WHYBROWS’ BELLSMOND DAKOTA (Lancashire Heeler) Very typical
PASTORAL PUPPY GROUP WINNERS
- MCERLANES’ SULYNBOURNE MILLER’S MOON (Bearded Collie)
- ADAMS & CARLYONS’ DYCOSHEM SEDONA BELLE (Rough Collie) A stylish looking pup
- STOCKS’ SHEMIST SEA DRAGON (Shetland Sheepdog) Good size and shape
JUNIOR 4 ENTRIES 2 ABS lovely entry thank you enjoyed my judging of the breed
- SIMMS & EAGLES’ ARCTICSKIES ARTFUL DODGER AT SPIRITMIST WWP18 impressive on the stance and just as nice to go over. Nice outline of good size and shape, masculine head nice skull, erect ears high set on, slightly tapering to muzzle, well chiselled, dark expressive cheeky alert eyes, black nose. Nothing coarse but certainly a well built male with firm level backline to high set and well furnished brush tail. Nicely angle front and rear with a solid body with enough depth of chest to elbows, well ribbed sprung and flattening back into strong loin. Super condition to a rich coloured coat well marked with soft undercoat and straight smooth top jacket. Impressive sound mover on well boned legs with compact well padded and furred feet. One to watch BP Placed 2nd in P. grp
- SMITHS’ SNOQUALMIE CAPTAIN MORGAN AT ARCTICSWIRL A different type and not the body substance of my winner and a slighter type. Masculine head, lovely alert dark eyes, well placed ears, little stop, good tapering to blunt black nose. Head carried proudly on nice arched neck of good length to laid shoulders and firm level back line and high set well coated tail. For his 10 months I would have liked my depth of chest certainly to elbows and more front angle and slightly more strength to his straight boned legs. Feet could be tighter well padded. Well shaped body ribbed back just needing more substance. Conditioned wolf sable jacket with nice soft undercoat. Front feet flap, very sound behind lacking little in side stride.
POST GRADUATE 5 ENTRIES
- SIMMS’ ONE IN A MILLION LEGEND OF THE SPIRIT AT ARCTICSKIES JW ShCM (IMP POL) another who impressed on the stance and was lovely to go over. Headed a very nice class but this 3 year old seemed to have all I was looking for in a mature bitch. Great head piece nice skull and tapering to a blunt muzzle, nice stop, dark almond eyes with that alert look, high set erect ears. Arched neck of good length well laid back shoulders and firm good length to her backline and well set and furred tail. Beautiful look and condition to a clean smooth coated br/w with soft undercoat. Well angled front with depth to chest, well set on straight well boned legs and compact furred and padded feet. Well sprung ribs flattening to a good loin. Muscular hindquarters well developed. Stylish mover with good sound action and covers ground well. BOB and 1st in w.grp
- RILEY & CODLINGS’ DEXTER’S AMOUR ESKIMOSKI DOMEK another well built attractive 3 year of a strong build and shape good to go over. Good body length and presented in a lovely br/w flat smooth coat with dense undercoat. Masculine attractive head of correct shape and balance, one of each colour almond shaped eyes with a kind keen look. Well set and used ears. Well bodied with good depth and substance and well sprung ribs correctly back to short loin. Would have liked better front angulation and return of stifle. Well boned legs and tight well padded feet nicely furred. Move out ok not the coverage of my winner.
- EAGLES’ LA DAM LATEA DARK DESIRE (IMP POL)
OPEN 5 ENTRIES
- RILEY & CODLINGS’ DEXTER’S ADVENTURE ESKIMOSKI DOMEK litter brother to second in my PG class and of a similar type and construction but slightly more masculine with a little more substance and strength in his development of correct size and balance. Strong well shaped head tapering nicely to blunt muzzle, one of each colour eye slightly cheeky expression, good stop and chisseling. Ear position and carriage could be better. Well angulated front and rear, with good width and depth to chest and body with substance. Nicely sprung ribs flattening to his muscular loin and rear quarters. Enough depth to chest reaching elbows which were held well on straight strongly boned forelegs and tight furred and padded feet, good return of stifle. Thick soft undercoat to a straight br/w coat. Good sound powerful mover with nice trot and ground coverage RBOB
- EAGLES’ PELENRISE BRITE ENCOUNTERS JW ShCM very attractive and upstanding male of a lovely shape and size. Presented in a nice conditioned shaded grey coat with soft undercoat. Lovely masculine and constructed head, good shape to skull with well set and used ears, tapering, nice stop, kind alert dark eyes, Head carried on an arched neck of good length to well laid shoulders and firm backline of good length and well set on and carried tail. Well bodied with correct depth and substance with well sprung ribs to well muscled loin and hindquarters. For me lacked the depth and width of chest of my winner. Stright well boned legs and compact furred and strongly padded feet. A stylish mover not the forward reach of 1, but good rear power and sound.
- SMITHS’ WILLOWBREEZE BELLE AT ARCTICSWIRL.
JUNIOR 2 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- BRIDGES, ROSE-DAWSON & ROSE’ SANCHARA PASSIONFRUIT Very attractive and beautiful to look at on the stance. Very nice to go over being of good size and overall balance with a good body and substance. Feminine head for me I would have liked a little more strength and development although correctly balanced, and would have like a stronger underjaw. Nice stop, dark bright expressive eyes, black nose. Head well coated and presented. Proudly well held head on good length of neck to laid back shoulders, enough front angulation. Well balanced body with good depth with ribs well back. Hindquarters with just enough width and muscle, good return of stifle let down hocks. Super presentation to her beautiful B/W parti coloured flat fine coat with correct undercoat. Moved out fraction close at front but with good reach and sound drive from behind. BPiB went onto win Utility Puppy Group and BPIS
POST GRADUATE 3 ENTRIES
- CHERRYS’ LYNCES MADE IN HEAVEN nearly 3 year old bitch slightly smaller with a much better balance and looked lovely on the stance. Very feminine with beautiful moulded head correctly shaped and well coated, nice stop, round dark alert eyes, well hung ears, strong under jaw. Lovely neck holding head proudly, well laid back shoulder, firm level back to high set, carried and well plumed tail. Correctly ribbed back body with good depth of chest, and angulated shoulder to upper arm. Beautifully conditioned and presented profuse silver and white flat coat with good under coat. Straight balanced and boned legs well furnished with large tight feet. Muscular hindquarters well turned stifle and short hocks. Powerful very sound free mover with lovely reach and drive. BOB
- ROSE-DAWSON & BARRONS’ ARAKI KAUGHT’U AGAIN lovely to look at on the stance but for me she was on the bigger side of the standard and not quite the overall balance of my winner. Nice head and development of good shape and beautifully furnished, sweet dark large eyes with kind look having nice stop, well hung furnished ears, good under jaw. Proud head carriage on muscular neck of length into firm level back to high set well carried tail with nice plume. Well ribbed back body not quite the forequarter angulation of my winner and lacked in the depth of chest of 1. Super coat in lovely condition, rich g/w parti with a lovely flat correct texture with good undercoat. Enough strength to her rear quarters with good return of stifle. Moved out well not the side stride or reach and drive of 1.
- BUCKLES’ SILGARHI O’YANGCHEN AT KARSHOK
OPEN 3 ENTRIES 2ABS
- CHERRYS’ LYNCES WHATEVER YOU WANT ShCM impressive male presented so well in a profuse bl/w double coat. Masculine head of correct shape well furnished, set ears well hung, dark expressive large round eyes, good stop, with strong underjaw. Proud head carriage on good neck length into well laid back shoulders and into a firm level backline and high set tail with nice plume. Well ribbed back body with depth to chest and substance to body. Well angulated fore chest with elbows in on straight well boned legs and with large compact feet. Rear hindquarters well muscled and angulated with good return of stifle. Powerful side stride, drive and forward reach, just preferred the action of his kennel mate. RBOB
JUNIOR 2 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- SUTCLIFFES’ NEWCLIFFE KIA-ORA stunning puppy certainly one with a future so well balanced sturdily built having a lovely character and a real showman. Head with slight narrowing and a flattish skull, well furnished and presented covering cheeky dark oval eyes, well hung ears. Correct muzzle and reverse scissor. Head carried proudly on strong arched neck set well into shoulders good longer built body with firm back line to his well set and carried tail with nice plume. Angulated and muscled hindquarters let down straight hocks. Lovely body of good length well ribbed back with strong loin. Beautiful presented and conditioned heavy gold coat of a lovely straight harsh texture. Short well boned legs and well feathered tight feet. Stunning mover and so sound with a lovely action, should go far.
POST GRADUATE 1 ENTRY
- LEAVERS’ DEELAYNE RAFA ELLA AT SHOGANDALE nice size and shape to this nearly 3 year old buff well coated bitch with a harsh texture to a heavy coat nicely presented. Feminine head well furnished, narrowing skull good overall balance, good muzzle proportion, correct dentition, dark oval eyes and hung ears well furnished. Proud head carriage on strong neck into laid back shoulders into firm level backline and high set and carried plume tail. A body with correct angulated front and rear, enough depth and substance but would like ribs further back into a loin little long. Strong hindquarters, well developed and with strong hocks moved well and was sound RBOB
OPEN 2 ENTRIES
- LEAVERS’ SHOGANDALE CUBRA LIBRE ShCM very attractive bitch of a good size and correct overall balance with good length to her firm level backline. Pretty well coated head, narrowing skull well constructed and shaped, expressive dark eyes, long pendant ear well fringed. Correct dentition. Proudly held head on strong arched neck to well laid back shoulders. Lovely body well ribbed back with a strong short loin, muscular hindquarters and strong hocks. Well angulated forequarters with depth to chest and short well boned foreleg could be slightly straighter and tight catlike feet, beautifully presented and conditioned heavy golden coat. Her movement was so free and sound with a lovely happy attitude which won through to BOB
- SUTCLIFFES’ NEWCLIFFE LUISA-LACE This bitch has a lovely outline and balance but unfortunately she does not like carrying her tail which completely spoils her on the move and the stance. Attractive head well worked and built, dark expressive eyes, well hung pendant ears, correct dentition. Good neck to shoulder well bodied and ribbed covered in a well presented heavy nicely textured gold coat. Short well boned and short hocks.
PUPPY 7 ENTRIES 5 abs
- Newcliffe Kia-ora
- Sanchara Passionfruit
JUNIOR 5 ENTRIES ABS
POST GRADUATE 1 ENTRY 1 ABS
OPEN 2 ENTRIES ABS
A.V. UTILITY VETERAN 5 ENTRIES
1) Shogandales Ubra Libre ShCM (Lhasa Apso) Best Utility Veteran
2) CHERRYS’ CH. LYNCES DIAMONDS AND PEARLS JW ShCM (Tibetan Terrier) very attractive male now 8.5 years old. Lovely size and shape of good overall balance. Smart head piece, dark expressive eyes, hung ears, good muzzle and nice under jaw. Lovely head carriage on good neck length well angulated front and muscular angulated quarters. Strong well ribbed body short loin, super coat condition and presentation to his B/W jacket of good texture and undercoat. Moved out well with good action.
3) COOPERS’ VORMUND I’M LUELLA AT PERVALE (Japanese Shiba Inu)
FOX TERRIER (WIRE)
JUNIOR 1 ENTRY
- LILLEY & SMITHS’ WYREGAIT SHADES OF GOLD (TAF) This 11 months old puppy presented a fabulous out line on the stance unfortunately she was a little apprehensive on being handled, but as she was at her first show and I felt she was too good not to forgive. Beautiful head flat skull, correct shape and balance. Small high set tipping ears, dark alert round eyes furnished brows, beard and moustache. Lovely neck, clean in throat laid back shoulders, firm level back line and high set tail. Good depth to chest, balanced strongly straight forelegs well coated. Hind-quarters well developed and with good return of stifle and let down hocks. Beautiful body with ribs well back and slight tuck to short loin, very well presented wiry, harsh tri coat. Showed promise on the move this will be a quality youngster once she gains her confidence and showmanship. Will follow with interest. BP BOB
POST GRADUATE 0 ENTREIS
OPEN 2 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- ANDERSONS’ PROVEITS PRETTY WOMAN very attractive tri coated 4 year old bitch, nice on the stance but found her a little boxy on going over her. Nice head of good length but shorter in foreface, well set ear leathers could be finer, dark alert round eyes good brows and beard. Good neck to shoulders into firm back and with high set tail. Good front assembly with well boned legs and compact feet. Muscular hindquarters and let down hocks. Well presented and textured wiry coat over a well developed and ribbed body with slight tuck to loin. Sound mover RBOB
JUNIOR 4 ENTRIES
- KINNS handling for Ms Martin GRACE IZ MOSKOVSKOY BEMTY very attractive baby with a lot of promise just needs to be shown and handled with slightly more understanding, but as this youngster was at her first show the handler gave it her best and with some help will do well. Nice size and shape just stood with too much roach in her backline, although when stood better the topline improved greatly. Pretty narrow head of correct shape, nice jaw, well presented furnished silky topknot. Small dark impressive eyes, well hung and presented ears. Beautiful presentation to her linty blue coat. Good chest dept, correctly boned and shaped forelegs, well turned stifles neat hocks and feet. Very positive sound mover BP
- BALDWINS’ WOOLYTOP THE HIGHWAYMAN (NAF) Have always liked the breeding from this talented kennel and today this youngster stood out for type and had a lovely outline of nice shape and size and had a better topline. Attractive 6 months old baby, head well shaped with nice silky topknot, dark kind small eyes, strong long jaw line well furnished. Nice head carriage on long neck and laid back sloping shoulders with nice rise and fall to well carried tail. Good depth of chest and brisket correctly ribbed back body well coated with nice linty texture with thickness. Little unsteady on the move, did settle but not easy to assess, but should have a lovely showing career.
- KINNS’ KINNUVA HAWAIIAN VELVET
LIMIT 3 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- KINNS’ KINNUVA DARK SLEEKSTER Nice size and shape to this 2 years old beautifully coated Liver boy with a well presented linty texture and well furnished body and legs. Good head shape with nice silky topknot, dark impressive small eyes, well hung ears, good muzzle and jaw well furnished. Good neck to shoulder with slight rise over loin with tuck, muscular hindquarters with good return of stifle and straight hocks. Good depth of chest and brisket with straight boned forelegs into feet. Moved out with good action tail carriage a little too high.
- SMITHS’VAKURBLUE MAGDELENE feminine bitch with nice outline, pretty head well coated but lacking in the roundness or length, dark small bright eyes. Neck of good length to shoulders with slight rise over her loin and with nice tail set on with good carriage. Deep chest and brisket with correct flat ribbed back body. Slight tuck to loin. Correct front and rear quarters, good return of stifle and hocks. Sound forward and rear action with good ground coverage.
OPEN 4 ENTRIES
- BANNISTERS’ MITEYMIDGETS ENGLISH DREAM A very impressive male stood out as a very good example of the breed, loved his outline and overall balance. Superior coated head of good shape well worked with dark small bright eyes with lovely carriage on long neck, sloping shoulders and nice rise over his loin, well set and carried tail. Depth of chest and brisket correctly angled fore quarters, straight correctly shaped and balanced boned legs into his feet. Muscular hindquarters with well turned stifle and let down hocks. Thick dark blue linty jacket beautifully presented. Stylish mover very sound with excellent reach and rear action covering ground well. BOB Winner of Grp
- OFFERS’ WOOLYTOP THE WHERRYMAN ShCM Another of good breed type with a nice outline, nice size and balance. Masculine head of correct shape and length well furnished topknot, dark expressive eyes. Good neck length well placed shoulders, correct back length would have liked better rise over loin, well carried and set tail. Lovely chest depth, straight well boned forelegs neat feet. Good brisket depth with well ribbed back body having enough substance. Very impressed by his light blue linty textured jacket well presented. Muscular well developed hindquarters, good return of stifle and straight hocks and neat feet.
- OFFERS’ WOOLYTOP THEODORE
JUNIOR 3 ENTRIES
- HAYES’ RAGUS SEVEN JUMPS just 9 months and so well constructed and compactly built for her age with a correct outline. Very well bodied and ribbed with short strongly boned legs and compact feet. Lovely small well shaped head, well coated, small dark cheeky eyes, correctly set erect ears, good dentition. Nice length of neck into well laid back shoulders firm short backline and set on tail. Well presented rich red wheaten harsh coat. Muscular quarters well turned stifle and short hocks. Strong sound mover with good action, happy character.
- NUTKINS’ NOROWIC LADY OF LORIEN headed her sister in this class just 6 months old this little bitch is not as well developed or has not quite got the balance of her sister being a little long in her loin, strong short boned legs and compact feet. Very pretty, shaped and worked head, small dark bright eyes, neat erect ears, strong teeth good dentition, neck and shoulders and a firm level backline, nicely angulated front and back. Lovely presented wiry rich wheaten coat. Very positive sound mover.
- HARDWICKES’ NOROWIC MISTRESS OF MAGIC
POST GRADUATE 2 ENTRIES
- WATKINS’ ALANTRO STEP TO IT very attractive compact 14 months old bitch with nice outline. Pretty well shaped head, small dark eyes, good stop, erect ears. Good length of neck into well laid shoulders, short well boned legs and compact feet. Well ribbed back body into short strong loin, strong hindquarters well turned stifle and let down hocks. Beautifully presented wiry coat of a rich red wheaten. Little loose at front, sound behind
- CROZIERS’ SEA SKY masculine build to this 3 year old very short in his back making him look and feel very boxy. Strong head well shaped, dark expressive eyes except expression is spoilt by cowlick in his stop. Small erect ears. Would have liked more length to his neck, shoulders firm back. Angulated front and rear with strongly boned short legs. Wiry thick blue and tan coat, moved out soundly with enough reach and drive.
OPEN 3 ENTRIES
- HAYES’ RAGUS FABULOUS CLOWN ShCM very impressive small compact boy with good strength in his body. Masculine well shaped slightly rounded head, small ere3ct ears, good stop, small dark cheeky eyes, good wedged muzzle. Good strong neck well laid back shoulders firm short back well set on tail. Well angulated front into a body of substance with ribs well back into short loin. Muscled hind quarters, correct return to stifle and let down hocks. Beautifully presented rich red wiry harsh coat. Stylish mover with good reach, drive and so sound. BOB Group 3.
- BARGE & HARDWICKES’ BAKTWINS SUNSEEKER in amazing condition and muscle tone in this 10 year old male presented so well in a harsh wiry Blue and Tan coat over a compact body with depth and substance. Well angulated front and rear with short strongly boned legs and compact feet. Body has ribs well back into a short loin. Would have liked a little more shape to his head, well furnished, dark eyes, well set and used erect ears, enough stop and strong wedge muzzle. Moved out well just a little loose behind.
- NUTKINS’ TEBRUN FAVOUR
TERRIER GROUP WINNERS
- BANNISTERS MIGHTYMIDGETS ENGLISH DREAM… BEDLINGTON
- BURRAGES’ KOMIDION NIGHT MUSIC AT SAMETOVA ShCM… CESKY
- HAYES’ RAGUS FABULOUS CLOWN ShCM ….NORWICH
- HEELEYS’ THISTLEMEAD STARLIGHT … BORDER
TERRIER PUPPY GROUP WINNERS
- HOLMES’ BIMANDI’S BANANA SMOOTHIE …BORDER
- HAYES’ RAGUS SEVEN JUMPS … NORWICH
- KINNS’ GRACE IZ MOSKOVSKOY BEMTY…BEDLINGTON
- LILLEY & SMITHS’ WYREGAIT SHADES OF GOLD (TAF) ….WIRE FOX
JUDGE JENNY MILLER