DRIFFIELD CHAMPIONSHIP DOG SHOW
22nd SEPTEMBER, 2018
Such a lovely very well run show with a great new layout bringing the show together, the in and out tenting made good for the very windy and rainy conditions. Such a shame the weather spoils this show and ground nearly every year but with such a very friendly committee and lovely helpers their great hospitality makes it always a lovely show to judge at. I had a very nice entry from both my breeds and thank the exhibitors for their entries which was full of quality.
SPANISH WATER DOG
PUPPY DOG 1 ENTRY
- DONALDSON & GLAYSHER & PALUMBOS’ RAINETHYME MIRROR IMAGE OF PRIZELANDS lovey size and sturdy build to this stylish puppy at nearly a year old. Presents a lovely outline on the stance but is inclined to be a little slack with his top line but with maturity and muscle tone this will surely improve. Strong head nice flat skull, slight stop, correct parallel plans, dark expressive oval eyes, well hung ears, big nose and well pigmented. Short neck, clean in throat well laid back shoulders correctly angulated into straight strongly boned and balanced legs with tight well padded feet. Well bodied with enough width and depth to chest and brisket which just reached to his elbows. Shown in a stunning correctly presented woolly B/W curled coat. Rear quarters well developed for age. Well handled to get the best from him, which was very sound and free moving with a good brisk action with rear stride. BBP RBD.
JUNIOR DOG 1 ENTRY
- PEARTS’ JOSALYN RIO ZIGGYSTARDUST Lovely looking boy on the stance and so well handled to get the best from him although he did not make it easy for his handler. Just over the year old has the correct build and balance but for me was carrying a little too much weight and with the heavy cords of his woolly curled full coat this showed on the moved with a strong body roll which spoilt his action. Beautiful head construction, super skull and nice parallel planes, dark expressive oval eyes, moderate rounded ears well hung. Short muscular neck clean throat set into laid back shoulders, has a correct level backline into muscled hindquarters, tail little low set. Very well put together with correct chest width and body depth well sprung ribs. Good angulation front and rear with strength to boned legs with tight round padded feet. Was a very sound mover with good brisk action once he settled.
POST GRADUATE DOG 4 ENTRIES ALL ABS
OPEN DOG 6 ENTRIES 2 ABS
- DONALDSON & PALUMBOS’ PRIZELANDS YOU’RE THE ONE FOR RAINETHYME this for me is a very impressive well-constructed dog of a super medium size and robustly built. Strong correctly balanced head, flat skull good parallel planes, slight stop, dark brown expressive eyes, big black spongy nose, well pigmented. Muscular strong short neck into well laid shoulders correct firm level backline into moulded muscled hindquarters, nice set on tail. Well bodied with lovely substance and depth to chest and brisket, with well sprung ribs covered in a beautifully presented woolly curled B/W well marked coat of good even length. Well balanced and boned legs well coated, round strongly padded feet. Good return of stifle and hocks well let down. Stylish brisk action, a very sound mover with good reach and rear drive. I was lucky to judge this boy as a puppy and so pleased to see how he has matured. Pleased to award BD and BOB delighted to see him shortlisted into last 8 in strong group.
- WHITEHEADS’ SH.CH CASPER DE AGUA SALADA Slightly smaller than my winner but so well put together another who is well constructed and robustly built. Nice head shape with correct flat skull, parallel planes, slight stop, well balanced foreface, big open nose. Head carried proudly on short strong neck, good lay to shoulders and firm back line over a body which had good substance and depth. Nice width of chest and deep brisket down to elbows on his strong boned straight legs and round tight feet. Body with well sprung ribs covered with curls of woolly cords in a full brown even jacket. Muscular rear with good return of stifle and well let down hocks. Moved out well with brisk side gait, was sound coming but ran close behind.
- GLAYSHER & DONALDSONS’ PRIZELANDS ADORMIDERA JACSEN SOLO
PUPPY BITCH 2 ENTRIES
- PALUMBOS’ RAINETHYME MEMORY KEEPER very elegant and eye-catching youngster all but a year old who is impressive on the stance and covers the ground well as she stands and works well with her handler. Very feminine pretty head, correct balance and skull, nice slight stop, expressive hazel eyes, neat hung ears, good open nose. Short muscular neck well set shoulders and firm back of good length. Well angulated forequarters with depth and good width to chest, deep brisket just to her elbows on straight well boned legs of correct length, tight feet. Body with good weight, ribs well sprung for age nice loin, attractive well presented clipped brown and white coat of good woolly texture. Muscular hindquarters with good return of stifle and neat let down hocks. Very stylish mover, correct action with sound forward reach and powerful and sound rear drive RBB BPB BPiB. Should have a bright future. See she is the sister to the puppy dog.
- OVERTONS’ DONJENKI AINALRAMI nice type to this stylish 7 month baby looking very immature against the much older bitch but holding her own. Slightly taller than my winner and at present lacking a little in her balance, needing her body to drop into herself. Sweet well worked head, nice dark eyes, well hung ears. Clean shortish neck set well into shoulders and a good length of back line. Body developing nicely with ribs sprung, front angulation could be slightly better and lacking a little in depth, rear quarters well developed with some tone. More strength of bone needed feet well rounded. Well coated of correct length all over with nice woolly texture with good curl. Moved out well enough needs her handler to be a little more controlling and to stop her side winding, but on settling down she was sound with a brisk action. Once she matures should be fine.
JUNIOR BITCH 1 ENTRY
- Donjenki Ainalrami
POST GRADUATE BITCH 4 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- GRIEFS’ CHASJENKA TIGGYWINK OF GOLDFLY I was surprised to see this bitch I cannot believe she is now 7 years old as I remember her as a youngster, I thought then she had a good future but not seen her for many years and today she did not disappoint. Very lovely feminine head correct planes and skull, dark expressive eyes kind expression, well hung ears, strong jaw and big black nose. Clean short muscular neck into well laid shoulders and firm backline to tail well set on. Well angulated fore chest with correct width and depth, sprung ribs and nice loin in a body of substance with muscle tone, deep brisket with elbows in on correct straight leg lengths with good strength of bone and round feet with strong pads. Well angled quarters with good returned of stifle and let down hocks. Correctly presented B/W woolly textured coat with curls of a perfect length all over. Stood by her handler and moved out with another who showed her very well. Correct forward reach and powerful drive from the rear and being sound both ends. BB BOS
- NICHOLLS-WARDS’ VALENTISIMO’S FAUNA PARA BUMBLERIDGE JW very elegant bitch of lovely balance and size with a nice outline. Feminine with good strength to flat skull and parallel planes, strong jaw, dark eye nice expression. Carries head well on short clean neck into well laid shoulders, correct backline and balance to well set tail. Enough front angle with depth to chest and brisket, elbows in on straight legs with enough bone, feet well padded and tight. Well sprung ribs in a body with depth and substance covered in a very well presented B/W collie marked coat with good curl and length all over. Muscular hindquarters would have liked more return to stifle and second thigh, hocks well let down. Moved out well very active mover runs a bit too close behind.
- HODGKINSON-RUTHERFORD & RUTHERFORDS’ ANATHEMA DE ARONAGUA DEL CHANDERHILL (IMP)
OPEN BITCH 2 ENTRIES 1 ABS
- GLAYSHER & DONALDSONS’ PRIZELANDS SWEET TRUFFLE of nice size and correct length to this attractive nearly 3 year old, stylish head of strength with correct planes, slight stop, dark eyes and well hung ears, open nostrils. Good neck length and muscled, laid back shoulders with firm backline of good length to strong hind quarters and well set on tail. Very attractive light brown woolly textured clipped coat with a dash of white on chest and foot over a body of good weight with nicely sprung ribs. Would have liked more depth of chest and brisket. Correct balance to straight well boned legs with strong pads to tight round feet. Good return of stifle and second thigh and let down hocks of which she put to good use on her brisk sound movement.
JUDGE: JENNY MILLER