Many thanks to the Driffield Committee for the invitation to judge on what happened to be one of the worst days weatherwise for quite a while, leaving quite a few of the exhibits unsettled when moving outside into heavy rain although some contended with it better than others. I was, however, pleased with my overall placings.
Minor Puppy Dog (2,1)
- Wards Akwamar Moonstruck. Still very much a baby. Very pleasing head, clean neck, nice length of back, good rear angulation, well off for bone. Should have a bright future with maturity.
Puppy Dog (4,2)
- Brown & Burns Enryb Champers Party at Pothouse. Well presented young dog. Good depth of chest, nice straight front, lovely head & clean neck, level topline, well sprung ribs, stood on nice tight feet, well muscled with good rear angulation. Moved well. BP
- Wards Akwamar Moonstruck
Junior Dog (4,1)
- Brown & Burns Enryb Champers Party at Pothouse.
- Snaith’s Skilaki Move on Up to Bifonda. Lovely young dog. Well balanced construction, nice head & shoulder placement, good clean outlines. Pushed hard for 1st but 1 moved better on the day.
- Webster’s Schonhund Show Grayson with Errytar.
Post Graduate Dog (2,0)
- Palmer’s Kalimor Claude at Parmelly. Pleasing head & expression, nice straight front, good depth of chest, well sprung ribs, well balanced overall with nice rear angulation. Moved well.
- Johnson’s Kyrash Blitzen. Good front, clean lines, good rear angulation. Still needs to mature a little more.
Limit Dog (8,1)
- Hartley & Myers Astrazone Kingfisher. Liked his head & expression, clean neck, good level topline, lovely straight front & good rear angulation, moved & handled well.
- Snaith’s Skilaki Super Fly to Bifonda JW. Not a lot to dislike about this exhibit. Good head, clean outlines, straight front & tight feet, however just preferred the movement of 1.
- Whitwham’s Schonhund Showvanistic for Izzbiz JW.
Open Dog (10,1)
What a pleasure to judge such a superb class. All were exhibited in lovely condition and the way they were handled made it difficult to separate the placings.
However Clarke’s Sh Ch Sireva Crackerjack at Coastedge JW Sh.CM, shown in superb condition took him through to DCC & BOB. What can I say that probably hasn’t been said before. Lovely head, eye & length of ear, clean neck, level topline, nice stright front, depth of chest with well sprung ribs & good rear angulation, stood on nice tight feet & with correct pigmentation.
- Crowther’s Sh Ch Hundwith Mclaren. A strong contender for 1st, another exhibit in superb condition, lovely masculine head, good clean neck, nice straight front & level topline, lovely depth of chest and nice rear angulation. Handled & shown well. Presenting a good outline both stood and moving. RCC
- Hill’s Sh Ch Weipowa Hot to Hunt JW
Minor Puppy Bitch (4,0)
- Ruddy’s Almoor Anastasia at Netherhill. Still very much a baby but well balanced, pretty feminine head, pleasing eye & length of ear, nice clean neck, straight front, level topline & good rear angulation, held herself well when moving for one so young, particularly liked her pigmentation. Should have a promising future upon maturity.
- Hunt’s Joneva Hollywood Glamour. Another promising puppy, feminine head, nice eye, good front & level topline, nicely put together, should have a bright future which comes with maturity.
- Batty’s Almoor Macey Gray.
Puppy Bitch (3,1)
- Ruddy’s Almoor Anastasia at Netherhill.
- Batty’s Almoor Macey Gray. From the same kennel as 1, unfortunately gave her handler a hard time on the day as she was very unsettled. However I would think she shows promise. Very feminine head, clean neck, straight front, lovely topline & good rear angulation.
Junior Bitch (9,1)
- Simpson, Dawson & Clarke’s Sireva Senna with Coastedge. Another very promising youngster with a lovely profile. Very feminine head, lovely eye & ear set, nice clean neck into well laid shoulders & correct topline, good angulation at the rear, stood on nice tight feet & moved with drive.
- Turner’s Minstergate Call for Rockleyan. Pleasing head & expression, clean neck, good topline, good front & rear angulation, moved well but just dropped her topline a little on the move.
- Hill’s Weipowa Winnie Winchester
Post Graduate Bitch (6,0)
- Robson’s Kalimor Armani at Robricci JW. Well presented elegant bitch, well balanced in profile with pleasing head, eye & good length of ear, clean neck, well muscled fore & rear quarters, moved with a free positive action.
- Smith’s Meinweg Christmas Ghost. Well constructed bitch of quality & substance, nicely balanced, feminine head, level topline with a good front & nice rear angulation, tight feet & moved well.
- Cooper’s Deifstock Dazzling Star JW
Limit Bitch (12,0)
- Simpson’s Sireva Ingrid Fletcher. This bitch really caught my eye on entering the ring showing her presence throughout the class. Well presented with a lovely profile, well balanced with a striking feminine head coupled with a kind expression. Good ear set, clean neck, well laid shoulder & level topline, well muscled fore and rear which enabled her to cover the ground effortlessly with an easy and free but positive action. BCC
- Rodgers Minstergate Cunard JW. Well balanced throughout with very pleasing head, clean neck into level topline, good depth of chest & well sprung ribs leading to good rear angulation. Moved well whilst keeping a level topline.
- Crowther’s Hundwith Giggle
Open Bitch (6,1)
- Batty’s Sh Ch Edingorse Ethereal at Almoor JW Sh.CM. Another who caught my eye entering the ring and did not disappoint when gone over, lovely feminine head, good eye, nice length of ear & clean neck, level topline, nice spring of ribs, well muscled front & rear with nice rear angulation & well let down hocks, standing on nice tight well arched feet which made for sound free movement, also had good pigmentation. RCC
- Finch’s Multi Ch Silvestre Last Tango with Silberliss JW. Good type, sound quality & substance. Pleasing feminine head,eye & earset. Well balanced throughout, good bone, nice front with good rear angulation, shown in hard condition & moved well.
- Robson’s Sh Ch Nemrac Connie at Robricci JW Sh.CM
Special Beginners Bitch (1,0)
- Dobbs Oakswarren Ice Maiden. Pleasing head & expression, clean neck, good topline, moderate angulation, moved well just tends to drop her topline a little whilst moving.
Good Citizens Bitch (6,0)
- Smith’s Meinweg Christmas Ghost
- Bannerman’s Selhendo Special Edition. Nice head, not as together as winner on the move. Kind expression & moderate angulation fore & rear.
- Maclaine & Dickson’s Greyspirit Hope So.
Alan M Hampshire (judge)