LKA Championship Show – 16th December 2018
First of all I would like to thank the LKA for inviting me to judge at this prestigious show. I thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality. I would also like to sincerely thank the exhibitors for their support, who not only gave me a superb entry, but one that was full of quality. This inevitably meant some lovely exhibits had to go cardless.
Dog CC & BOB: Kinton’s Ch Woodthorpe I Know The Code
Res Dog CC: Owen’s Caldwall Call To Order
Bitch CC: Thomas’ Tycadno Dancing Star (3rd)
Res Bitch CC: Petts’ Brenndarcy Hunky Dory Among Doonrae
Best Puppy: Dolan’s Whispers At Dawn At Glenrood
Best Veteran: Lamb & Saltmarsh’s Birselaw Fable Of Macmoon Sh.Cm
MPD (3 Ent Abs: 0)
- Robinson’s Cruzo Chorister. Wheaten brindle, 8 months old. Nice head and expression, well placed ears. Good neck and shoulders. Level top line, nicely constructed body. Shown in good coat and condition. A quality puppy, showing and moving well. BPD
- Saich’s Stoutheart Einstein For Lindcoly. Grey brindle, 8 months old. Nice head and expression. Correct body shape and size. Nicely balanced, good tailset, shown in profuse coat. Moved well once settled.
- Rouillon’s On The Rock De La Terrardiere. Red puppy, 8 months old. Pleasing head and expression. Nicely constructed body. Unfortunately carrying his tail proudly which spoilt his outline today. Shown in good coat and condition.
PD (4 Ent Abs: 1)
- Day’s Tribannon Chocolate Chip At Trekhilli. 11 months old brindle. A quality puppy. Lovely balance, a well constructed body, good bone and tailset. Well up to size. Presented, handled and moved well.
- Parker-Tucker’s Tom Trick’s Incredibly Ilay of Uniquecottage (Swed Imp). Cream, totally different type to 1st. Good head, eye, stop and expression. Correct mouth. In excellent jacket. Moved well once settled. Unfortunate to meet 1st. Will change places on other occasions.
- Rouillon’s On The Rock De La Terrardiere, see previous class.
JD (5 Ent Abs: 0)
A lovely class of youngsters.
- Shannon & Storr’s Brenndarcy Baldrick. Red brindle dog, 14 months old. Good head, eye and expression, correct mouth, well balanced body with good length of leg. Tailset correct. Moved well in both directions.
- Miller’s Cornton Fyne Fettle. Wheaten brindle, 16 months. Another one with nice head and expression. Excellent mouth, good body and size. Nicely balanced, correct hindquarters, shown in quality coat and condition.
- Harrison’s Carradine Whiskey Oscar. Red 16 months, another nice male. Good head and mouth, keen expression and well bodied. Shown in excellent coat and condition. Handled well.
PGD (3 Ent Abs: 1)
Two quality dogs.
- Keeves’ Seveek Treasure The Dream. Red with a masculine head and expression. Well bodied throughout with good spring of rib. Correct top line and tailset. Good turn of stifle, nicely presented and in excellent jacket.
- Lamb, & Saltmarsh’s Birselaw Come Dancing With Macmoon. Grey brindle, lovely head and expression, correct mouth, good neck and shoulders, nicely balanced. Shown and handled well. A close decision between the two.
LD (6 Ent Abs: 1)
- Percy’s Winetta Quest For Fame. Grey brindle. All male with excellent head and expression. Correct eye and mouth. Good ear set and well defined stop. Level top line and well made hindquarters. Shown in excellent coat and condition. Another one considered for top honours.
- Saich’s Lindcoly Holwing Mad Murdoc. Masculine head, correct mouth and keen expression. Good neck and shoulders. Nicely bodied. Moved with drive. Would benefit by taking down his profuse coat to show off his attributes more.
- Lamb, & Saltmarsh’s Birselaw Dark Charmer For Macmoon Sh.Cm. Dark brindle. Well balanced throughout, good head and mouth. Typical expression. Strong hindquarters which enabled him to move well both ways. Well presented, showed well for his handler.
OD (6 Ent Abs: 0)
- Kinton’s Ch Woodthorpe I Know The Code. Dark brindle. I judged this dog in 2015 and I put in my critique on that occasion that he would be ‘one to watch ‘, and he certainly has been. An all male confident showman with excellent head and expression. Correct eye, mouth and ear set. Well defined stop. Good length of neck that blends into well angulated shoulders. Good depth of rib, level top line and correct tailset. Well made hind quarters. Moved well both ways . Shown in excellent coat and condition. Handled well and showed all out to gain CC and BOB.
- Owen’s Caldwall Call To Order. All male. Good size and shape. Excellent head and expression. Well placed shoulders, good spring of rib, correct top line and tailset. An eye catching dog with lots to like. Shown in excellent coat and condition. Handled very well. Unlucky to meet 1st, but his day will come. Rcc
- Peers’ Tweedisle Lively Lad. Wheaten brindle, good head and expression with correct mouth. Well bodied throughout. Nicely presented in excellent jacket. Showed well.
VD (1 Ent Abs: 0)
- Lamb & Saltmarsh’s Birselaw Fable of Macmoon Sh. Cm. Dark brindle dog, 9 ½ years old. Lovely head and expression. A nicely made body and balanced throughout. In good coat and condition . Moved steadily and enjoying his day out.
GCD (1 Ent Abs: 0)
- Lamb & Saltmarsh’s Renshaw There And Back Again Under Macmoon Sh.Cm.
Another dark brindle dog, 8 years old. Alert, well balanced throughout with good head and typical expression. Strong hindquarters enabling him to move both ways and with drive. Well presented and showed very well for his handler. A credit to his owner.
MPB (12 Ent Abs: 0)
An excellent class of beautiful puppies. Unfortunately 12 entries meant that some quality youngsters had to go cardless.
- Robinson’s Cruzo Curtain Call. 8 months old wheaten brindle. Litter sister to PD winner. Very pleasing head and expression. Straight front and a good turn of stifle. Tail set on well. A lovely type, should have a good future.
- Miller’s Cornton Eilidh Dhu. 6 months old pretty wheaten brindle. Nice head and expression with correct mouth, dark eye and good ear set. Lovely quality coat, moved and handled very well.
- Kinchin’s Pennidazle Dream of Dreams. 6 months red brindle. Pretty head with well placed ears, lovely expression, very well made body and hindquarters, a lovely cairn shape with good coat. Moved and showed well. Beautiful puppy, with time, one to watch.
PB (5 Ent Abs: 0)
- Dolan’s Whispers At Dawn At Glenrood. 9 months old cream. A very promising puppy, attractive head with lovely expression. Excellent dark eye, well placed ears. Nice straight front and well made body for a baby. Correct tailset and lovely quality coat. Moved and showed with lots of confidence. Handled well, quality exhibit. BPB, BP
- Robinson’s Cruzo Cat Balou. Litter sister to minor puppy bitch winner. Same comments apply, however, a larger frame.
- Keeves’ Seveek Cherry’s Dream. 11 month old red, nice expressive head, nicely balanced, straight in front with a well made body and hindquarters. In quality coat. Moved well.
JB (11 Ent Abs: 1)
Three quality cairns, who on another day could change places.
- Shopland’s Tycadno Penny Black For Cherrycrack. 12 month old copper brindle, lovely expressive head with dark eyes. Good in neck and shoulder with straight front. Level topline which she held on the move. Presented in short but correct jacket. Moved and showed steadily.
- Day’s Trekhilli I Got Chills. 17 months dark brindle quality bitch, a different type to 1st. Nice head with dark eye, good neck and shoulders and well made front. Excellent hindquarters and correct tail set. Presented, handled and shown very well.
- Harrison’s Carradine Winnie. 16 months old red. Litter sister to junior dog. Lovely head with dark eye and keen expression. Good neck and shoulders, well made front. Nicely bodied with good spring of rib. Correct tail set which she used all the time. Moved out well.
PGB (9 Ent Abs: 1)
- Clayton’s Carradine Here Comes Dolly. Very promising red girl. Attractive head and lovely expression. Excellent dark eye and well placed ears. Good length of neck, correct shoulder lay back, straight front and well made body and hind quarters. A quality coat. Moved and showed very well.
- Peers’ Tweedisle Guinevere. Cream, slightly larger than 1st. Another with great shape and pleasing head. Good length of neck and well made body. Quality coat. Moved well.
- Keeves’ Seveek With Corynthean Sharing Dreams. Feminine head and expression. Nice dark eye and good ear set and mouth. Level topline and correct tailset. Well presented jacket.
LB (10 Ent Abs: 2)
A super class of quality exhibits who I’m sure will change places many times.
- Thomas’ Tycadno Dancing Star. 18 month old wheaten bitch, lovely expressive head, well defined stop, dark eye and correct ear placement. Good front, mature body with depth and good spring of rib. Nice turn of stifle and good tailset which she uses all the time. In excellent coat and condition. Moved out with drive, showing herself off all the time. Pleased to award her the CC – I understand this made her up – well done.
- Petts’ Brenndarcy Hunky Dory Among Doonrae. A lovely cream bitch with feminine head. Nicely balanced throughout, good length of neck, well placed shoulders, good spring of rib and correct topline and tailset. Positive mover both ways. Just needs more coat to complete the overall picture, however could not deny her the reserve CC on quality today.
- Percy’s Winetta I’ve Got A Feeling. Another quality exhibit. Excellent presentation as always from this kennel. A dark brindle litter sister to winner of limit dog. Sharing many of her brother’s attributes. Varminty expression and good conformation throughout, holding her topline on the move. Moved and handled very well.
OB (5 Ent Abs: 2)
- Dolan’s Ch Glenrood Spell Dance Jw. Lovely dark brindle with excellent head and keen expression. Dark eye, correct mouth and neat ears. Good conformation throughout. In top condition. Excellent presentation as always from this kennel. Unfortunately could not fully assess her movement at first as she wouldn’t walk on the blue carpet and decided to do some strictly dancing instead. However, when settled, she moved out well.
- Keeves’ Ch Seveek Hopes ‘N’ Dreams Jw Sh.Cm. A red bitch with feminine head, good neck and good conformation throughout. Correct tailset and well made hind quarters. Handled well.
- Parker-Tucker Uniquecottage Florey. Feminine cream bitch with nice head, well balanced body with correct outline and good tailset. In good coat and condition. Not over done in any way. Handled well.
VB (3 Ent Abs: 2)
- Smith’s Glenmear Sproxton Lass Of Gethlee. 8 ½ year old dark brindle bitch, shown in good coat and condition. Beautiful expression, harsh coat, handled and moved very well for age. Another Veteran who is a credit to her owner, enjoying her day. Close decision in challenge for BV.
JUDGE: Mrs Sue Braybrook