MANCHESTER CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 2018
Thank you for a very enjoyable appointment with this lovely breed. I thought that the general quality was very good indeed. Interesting to see many good imports from various countries and most of them did very well – in fact my Best of Breed winner is bred in Sweden and the bitch CC winner I believe in Norway. I judged some very promising puppies and youngsters, so future looks bright. There is always room for some improvement. Heads were very varied and eye colour could have been better in a number of exhibits. There were some soft toplines and some dogs with rather minimal rear angulation. Temperaments were excellent.
Minor Puppy Dog (3 – 2 abs.)
1. Dacfolke Karmakhamleon, six month old most promising dog puppy who was understandably a little overawed in the surroundings. Beautifully made puppy of lovely type. Super head and very nice eye. Excellent strong bone. Very well-made quarters and super feet. Has a lovely outline. Moved well in profile, but made his poor young handler work hard in controlling him. Has the makings of a lovely breed representative. Best Puppy
Puppy Dog (4 – 1 abs.)
1. Dacfolke Karmakhamleon, winner of MPD, please see notes above. 2. Debbollinby Just Kruzin’ into Kitarn, nine month old strong puppy of very good type. Pleasing head, but could have slightly better eye shape. Good bone. Medium rear angulation. Very good mover. I think this puppy had given his owner a bit of a headache in the morning of the show as he was still a little wet, but had probably very much enjoyed himself in whatever he had got up to!
Junior Dog (4 – 1 abs.)
1. Lempileijonan Musta Barbaari at Sulandi, I see is bred in my native Finland and has been named after a very well-known rap artist! 11 month old beautiful junior male of excellent size. Beautifully headed young dog. Excellent pigmentation. Strong bone. Just a shade east-west in front at the moment. Very good body for age. Needs to drop a little in hindquarters. Excellent colour and mask. Moved very well in profile. 2. Debbollinby Just Kruzin’ into Kitarn, 2nd. in PD, please see notes above. 3. Brynarian Balilaika
Post Graduate Dog (6 – 2 abs.)
1. Rosaceae Gymnocladus, a very handsome 22 month old young male. Correct colour with dark overlay. This young dog looks just right for his age and pleased me enormously. Beautiful head and expression, super pigmentation. Good bone. Tends to turn his front feet just a little. So very well put together and moves with excellent reach and drive. He carries himself very naturally and well, just as a correctly constructed dog will do. I was very impressed with this young dog and I was happy to award him the res. CC
2. Jantonely Old Porky Pig, four year old strong male who is just a little low on the leg. Very good head shape, although I would prefer a better marked stop. Very good eye and expression. A little east-west in front and needs to firm up in topline. Good rear angulation. Nice mover. 3. Jantonely Pucker Up Flynn
Limit Dog (9 – 3 abs.)
1. Rosaceae Gymnocladus, winner of PGD, please see notes above. 2. Simden Gros Bisous of Lowenhohle, three year old, good, sound honest dog of very good type.
Just a little plain in head and needs a better marked stop. Good bone, well-made quarters. Good body and rear. A balanced dog, who could have had a little more drive on the move. Good colour and mask. 3. Lempileijonan Tulin Voittamaan with Condalf (Imp FIN)
Open Dog (4 – no abs.)
1. CH. Wildering’s Play Boy for Condalf (Imp SWE), four year old excellent breed representative of lovely size, shape and outline. Beautiful type and balance. Lovely male head with correct detail. Sound, dark eyes and excellent expression. Well off for bone, strong, well-ribbed body. Strong rear. Excellent mover. Well handled. Stamped with quality. CC and Best of Breed 2. CH. Engelben Fred in the Woods, four year old male of very good size. Not in full coat. Very good male head, but eye could be a little darker. Medium bone. Needs slightly better forearm. Good body. 3. Dacfolke Obie Odakota
Veteran Dog (1 – no abs.)
1. Rossnick Quest for a Star ShCM, seven and half year old veteran male shown in very good condition. Very nice head, excellent dark eye a little deep set. Very good bone.
Just a little soft in topline and could have a little more rear angulation. Tends to kick too high in rear movement. Best Veteran
Minor Puppy Bitch (3 – no abs.)
1. Dacfolke Karmakara, litter sister to my MPD and PD winner and very much like her brother. Also a little overawed in the big hall. Plenty to like about this feminine puppy. Nicely developed for her age. Head promises well, eye a tad light. Super bone. Very nicely put together. Very well made rear. Sound mover. Good colour and mask. 2. Debbollinby Ginger Muffin, eight month old feminine puppy. Could do with stronger bone. Very nice head shape, medium brown eye. Needs a little more strength in muzzle. Moderate rear
angulation. Moves well for age. 3. Debbollinby Caramel Kooki
Puppy Bitch (3 – 1 abs.)
1. Lionscourt Heavenly Hana, nine month old very pleasing feminine puppy. Beautiful head, excellent eye and expression. Very good bone. Well-made and well-developed body. A little close going away, but moved very well in profile.2. Debbollinby Ginger Muffin, 2nd. in previous class, please see notes above.
Junior Bitch (6 – 1 abs.)
1. Sulandi a Dream Come True, 16 month old top quality feminine bitch. Lovely type and beautiful outline. Pretty, feminine head, medium brown eye. Good bone. Front needs a little more time. Very good topline. Balanced angulation fore and aft. Moved very well in profile. Very promising junior bitch.
2. Mystic Charm Ginger Heaven for Benellieson (Imp), 14 month old bitch of very nice type and size. Good colour and mask. Medium bone. Nice body for age, good rear. Moved well in profile. 3. Pagency Noel’s Vianoce
Post Graduate Bitch (8 – 2 abs.)
1. Medvebergi Maszkos Kassiopeia (Imp), two year old strong, yet feminine bitch who could be handled to better advantage. Pleasing head. She is strong and well-balanced.
Good bone, sound rear and movement. 2. Dacfolke Naareh, 20 month old bitch of lovely type and so well put together. She is feminine and has lovely strong bone. Head is a little plain and a better marked stop would help. Having said that she has quality and moves very well. Good colour and mask. 3. Leosrus Unforgettable
Limit Bitch (5 – 1 abs.)
1. Leosrus One Moment in Time, two year old very beautiful bitch. Shown in tip-top condition. Feminine, lovely head, expression would be enhanced by slightly better eye colour. Quality bone. Excellent body. Balanced angulation fore and aft and very good quarters. Very impressive on the move and carries herself to advantage. Very good colour and mask. Res.CC 2. Condalf Graceful, of the same age as 1st. Has plenty of quality, but needs to firm up in topline. Very beautiful head, excellent eye and expression. Good bone. Strong, well-made body and excellent rear. She is only young and I hope her topline will firm up.3. Vannroy Althena
Open Bitch (8 – 2 abs.)
1. Loveliens Nukva of Norris (Imp), four and half year old most wonderful bitch. Strong, yet feminine. Loveliest of heads, dark eyes and such a kind expression. Well off for bone.
Excellent body and well angulated fore and aft. Held her topline well. Very good colour and mask. Impressive mover. CC 2. CH. Lionscourt Gaia JW, two year old feminine bitch of lovely size. Not in full coat, but has plenty of qualities. Very sound all through.
Very good head shape, eye could be a tad darker. Nice bone. Good topline. Pleasing mover. Good colour and mask. Just needs a little more time to come to her best.
3. Engelben Inclination
Veteran Bitch (2 – 1 abs.)
1. Starlake Capella, seven year old beautiful veteran shown slightly plump. Very good skull, just a little long in muzzle. Adequately dark eye. Medium bone. Sound rear. Moved well. Good colour and mask.