Midland Counties 2018
DANDIE DINMONT TERRIER
First, I must offer my most sincere thanks to my two very efficient stewards who kept proceeding going at the right pace and were a tower of strength to me throughout my judging.
The entry was quite good given the difficult times we are experiencing; however, I was dismayed at the general faults on display, poor fronts; level top lines; very close movement behind and the excessive use of scissors, in days gone by judges would not have tolerated such grooming. On the plus side temperament was very good.
I was looking for balance and shape, conformation and movement throughout but only found this in a few exhibits.
Puppy Dog (1)
- Milton’s WILMIT CHINDIT, pepper, 10 months old, confident young man, came into the ring as if he owned it. Nice shape and balance nice head coupled with dark eye giving a soft expression, good length of neck into well laid shoulders, nice flowing topline on the move. RCC sure to have a nice future.
Post Graduate Dog (1 : 1 )
- Bell’s REIDSWIRE LORD O’LIDDESDALE mustard, coat over the top, nice shape, masculine head with dark eye, correct front with good feet, rear not so good, won on movement.
- Hubbard & Miller’s DRYFEVALLEY JOHNNY FOX mustard, presented in good coat, well laid shoulders, overweight which affected movement.
Limit Dog (4 : 1 )
- Brown’s GREAT GATSBY ZE ZIHELSKE ZAHRADY pepper, nice shape, topline shown on the move, well laid shoulders leading to good front, rear angulation good and moving well. Trimming needs attention.
- Drake’s TOLLCROSS TARTAN TAVISH, pepper, nice shape, well laid shoulders leading to a good front, not the head of 1 rear angulation good and moving well.
Open Dog (5 : 2)
- Deacon & Hill’s. Ch CASSENCARRIE CHOIRMASTER. Pepper, Quality dandie from this prolific kennel and very well known. CC
- Denham’s DENTGATE MULBERRY pepper, good masculine head and neck into well laid shoulders, good coat and well presented, good shape and topline not moving as well as 1.
Minor Puppy Bitch (2 )
- Miller’s CLYDEHEATHS DOMINO DERVAL pepper, 9 months, unsettled to start, nice head with dark eye, well set thin ears, good mouth, presented balanced shape both standing and on the move, moved well. Should have a promising future.
- Heffernan’s CLYDEHEATHS KISSY SUZUKI 9 months, correct shape, sister to 1, good head & dark eye not in good coat and in need of trimming.
Puppy Bitch (2 )
- Kurg & Milton’s WILMIT RAFFLES AT ETSILL mustard, 10 months, litter sister to Puppy dog, balance and shape, in excellent coat, nice head onto good neck into well laid shoulders, deep chest, sound construction and moved very well RCC
- Rolland’s DANDIROYAL CREAM TEA mustard 10 months, feminine head with dark eye, correct shape, good front and rear but moved reluctantly on this occasion, coat coming.
Junior Bitch (5 ; 2
1 Rolland’s DANDIROYAL COTSWOLD DREAM pepper, 10 months, correct shape and balanced, femmine head, dark eye giving soft expression, good neck into well laid shoulders, sound construction front and rear, moved very well, presented in good coat and condition.
- Miller’s DRYFEVALLEY JITTERBUG mustard, 13 months, presented in good coat and condition, good front construction without excess, nice neck into well laid shoulders, moved very well
Post Graduate Bitch (4 ; 1)
1 Flanders & Tinkler’s DRYFEVALLEY BOWHILL LUCY mustard, correct shape and balance, feminine with nice head on good length of neck leading into well laid shoulders, very good front, moved well when actually allowed to do so, presented in good coat and condition. Needs a handler to get the best out of her.
2 Miller’s CLYDEHEATH DOMINO DERVAL pepper, nice shape, feminine head,
coat coming, rear construction good, movement not as good as 1.
Limit Bitch (4)
- Miller’s DRYFEVALLEY MISS MUFFET mustard, nice shape, balanced and shape, soundly constructed, well laid shoulders, good front presented in good coat and moving well
- Henry’s TRINZY HAIR N’ GRACES mustard, sound construction, strong head properties, between coats, moved well.
Open Bitch (4 ; 1 )
- Sheppard’s DENTGATE SUGARBERRIES AT THYSTINE. Eye catching Pepper, Took the eye when entering the ring, in full coat of the correct type and texture, very feminine, correct shape and balance outline, help topline both standing and on the move, sound construct both front and rear, moved very well CC & BOB
- Milton’s Ch HAWKSMILL JENNY FOR WILMIT JW ShCM pepper, dark eye giving soft expression, good length of neck leading into well laid shoulders, not the front of 1 or the coat and presentation