First of all I would like to thank Manchester Dog Show Committee for their kind invitation,
enjoyable stay and pleasant judging over three days.
A very good entry of 110 and 28 absentees. An interesting number of new imports from various countries. I very much enjoyed my day with the breed and the pleasant atmosphere. I can only repeat my words from Windsor in 2016 – dogs are more uneven in quality, whereas one is somewhat spoilt for choice in many of the bitch classes. Pleased to see some really nice heads and the return of those typical, beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback eyes which seemed to be in short supply some time ago. Fronts need improvement and ridges in many cases could have more length, but all in all I would say that the breed is faring well.
Minor Puppy Dog (6 – 1 abs.)
1. Imola I’m Your Man at Jematti, eight month old very promising dog puppy. Excellent outline. Head promises well and has good length, lovely, typical eye. Quality bone. Nice feet. Very good ridge and crowns. Moves soundly. Shows promise, a quality puppy.
2. Dellared Natural Mystic, six month old strong dog puppy. Plenty to like about his head and has good expression. Nicely made front. Good bone. Pleasing body for age. Balanced angulation fore and aft. Good ridge and crowns. Good mover for one so young.
3. Jimanns the Doctor
Puppy Dog (5 – 1 abs.)
1. Gunthwaite Papa Don’t Preach, 10 month old dog puppy. A little hesitant at first, but settled down well. Good head, would like better eye and expression. Good neck and topline. Pleasing bone. Good ridge and crowns. Needs more training in order to relax in the ring. 2. Dellared Satisfy My Soul, six month old very lively dog puppy. Head breaking well, ears a little large at the moment. Front needs more time, good body, would like better croup. Good broad ridge and crowns in order. 3. Negasi Saruman
Junior Dog (6 – 1 abs.)
1. Carlincox First Encounter, 15 month old junior dog, deep red in color. Up-to-size youngster shown in exemplary muscle tone. Pleasing head shape, good length, slightly large ears. Still a little narrow in front and could do with better shoulder angulation. Excellent neck and topline. Good ridge and crowns. Good rear angulation. Moved soundly, but a little proud of his tail at the moment. 2. Carlincox First Impression, litter brother to 1st. and a better size. Masculine junior. Strong male head, eye is a little light and affects his expression. Very nice bone and well-made front. Good body and rear angulation. Correct ridge and crowns. Paces very easily and needs more training on the move. 3. Patemeliann Shake
Post Graduate Dog (5 – no abs.)
1. Diamondridge Distant Storm for Kemgordoni, the lanky puppy has come on a great deal since Windsor in 2016! He is now a two year old beautiful young male shown in slightly lean condition on the day. Very good head, would like tighter eyelids. Good bone and feet. Good ridge and crowns. Best mover in this class. 2. Flying First Class Qwandoya with Kinabula (Imp), two year old masculine male. Strong male head, acceptable eye color. Very well-made body and quarters. Ridge slightly short, good crowns. Still has some dark coloring to clear around his throat and tail. Sound mover. 3. Carlincox First Encounter
Limit Dog (12 -3 abs.)
1. Shombay Dark Knight Rises, four year old beautiful male – plenty to like about this dog. Unfortunately shown in somewhat lean condition and needs to body up a little. Has a very correct male head with lovely typical eye and excellent expression. Super bone, tight feet. Ridge of excellent width, good crowns. He is a tad long in loin and would look better with a little more flesh on his ribs. Excellent mover. Has some super breed essentials.I liked him a great deal and was happy to award him the res.CC 2. Kiromol Kindred Spirit, there is plenty to like about this two and half year old dog. Beautiful type and wonderful temperament. Beautiful head of good length. Ears settle well. Excellent body and bone. Pleasing width of ridge & good crowns. Lovely mover. 3. Kinabula’s Taking Chances
Open Dog (10 – 1 abs.)
1. IR CH. Rottzridge Nemesis, 19 month old upstanding quality young male shown in exemplary muscle condition. Cleverly handled to bring out his best points. Very nice head shape and length, would like slightly better eye. Very good ears. Quality bone, well developed body and excellent rear. Very good mover. Beautiful broad ridge and correct crowns. Has quality. CC 2. Faahac Free N’Easy JW ShCM, three year old liver nose. Pleasing male, so very well put together. Excellent outline. Super bone and feet. Very good body and strong rear. Good ridge and crowns. Very capable mover. 3. CH. Jockular Lord Leonti at Tsjakka
Veteran Dog (5 – 1 abs.)
1. Ibamba of Sambesi Water, nine and half year old veteran dog shown in fit condition. Very well handled. Excellent head shape, good length and typical eye and expression. Good bone.Ridge could be a little longer, crowns OK. Wonderful, typical mover; a joy to watch. Best Veteran 2. CH. Kiromol Kubwa Mno JW ShCM, eight and half year old strong wheaten dog of lovely type. Beautiful head, ears a tad large. Soundly put together, just a little pronounced in rear angulation. Slightly short ridge, good crowns. 3. Veldt-kammer Hot Shot of Lonaza ShCM
Minor Puppy Bitch (9 – 2 abs.)
1. Diamondridge Dream Catch Me, just seven months and such a beautiful puppy bitch!
Her head is breaking well. Lovely dark eye and good expression. Very nice bone. Well- developed body. Excellent mover for her tender age. Good ridge and crowns.2. Rovigo Este, six month old very pleasing puppy bitch. Very promising head. Nice body, just a shade long at this stage and needs to firm up in topline. Very good quarters and sound movement. Good ridge and crowns. 3. Maanhaar Primo Creatus Henrietta for Rubiltra (Imp)
Puppy Bitch (7 – no abs.)
1. Gunthwaites Midnite Swinga, 10 month old very pleasing puppy bitch who is cleverly handled. Very mature for her age. Head of lovely mould and length, good eye and expression. Ears a little large. Pleasing front, good bone and feet. Ridge just long enough, good crowns. Excellent mover. Best Puppy 2. Maanhaar Primo-creatus Henrietta for Rubiltra (imp), third in Minor Puppy Bitch, just six and half months pretty feminine puppy.
Good skull, muzzle needs a little more strength. Excellent eyes. Very good body and quarters, but topline still a little soft. Feet could be tighter. 3. Affrhoda Ons Meisie Kya
Junior Bitch (7 – 1 abs.)
1. Carlincox First Class JW, 15 month old top quality young bitch of lovely size and type. Very feminine and well balanced. Beautiful feminine head, correct eye shape and pleasing expression. Good bone and feet. Excellent body, correct ridge and crowns. Very capable mover, sound coming and going. Plenty to like about this promising bitch. Res.CC
2. Rubicon Red Do the Right Thing Royaal Pearl (Imp), 17 month old young bitch, feminine and has quality. Pleasing size. Very good head and lovely expression. Soundly put together and has good bone. Drives well behind, but could have a little more reach in front. 3. Callmn’s Hot Love
Post Graduate Bitch (17 – 8 abs.)
1. Fiadma Mrs. Clause Nyekundo, two year old beautiful young bitch. Lovely size and very feminine. Very nice head, excellent expression. Medium bone. Very well bodied. Soundly made with good angulation fore and aft. Excellent mover. 2. Sanbona A’frican Soul Daaci at Suhuba (Imp), 21 month old impressive young bitch. Very well handled.
Excellent head shape and length, lovely typical eye and expression. Carries herself very well. Nice bone. Very good neck and topline. Balanced angulation fore and aft. Ridge a tad short. Good crowns. Easy mover. 3. Carlincox First Love
Limit Bitch (12 – 4 abs.)
1. Colkeririn Face to the Sun JW, has fulfilled her early promise as I first judged her as a puppy at Windsor in 2016 when she won Best Puppy. Now at two years and four months she is extremely well balanced, typical and fit. Her clever handler knows how to show her to advantage. Lovely outline and carries herself so well, both standing and on the move. Lovely feminine head with typical expression. Very good bone and feet. Ridge could have a little more length, good crowns. Pleasing mover. 2. Kiromol Sweet Spirit for Amahle, I met her too at Windsor in 2016 when she was second in Junior. Has developed into a beautiful bitch with lovely outline. Her head has developed, eye is slightly light. Very good neck and topline. Suffering slightly from a phantom pregnancy. Ridge could again have a little more length, correct crowns. Very good mover. 3. Gabisa Woo Woo at Zougani JW ShCM
Open Bitch (15 – 5 abs.)
1. Diamondridge Distant Drum at Lobengula, my star of the day! Such a beautiful breed representative with many outstanding qualities. Her type is lovely, she is of very nice size and so utterly feminine. Beautiful head with correct eye shape and lovely expression. Correctly proportioned and so well balanced. She is so soundly made that even her handler could not spoil her as she always corrected herself! Lovely broad ridge and correct crowns. Capable mover, although she could be handled to better advantage on the move. I liked her immensely and was pleased to award her the CC and BOB.
2. Kiromol Kendi JW ShCM, my res. CC winner from Windsor in 2016. Now four years old and a beautiful, quality bitch. Lovely head shape, eye could be a tad darker. Good bone, well bodied. Just a shade long in loin. Has a number of lovely breed points one of them being her very correct and characteristic movement. 3. CH. Shingwidsi Tshadi Rose
Veteran Bitch (2 – 1 abs.)
1. CH. Kelshanti Jamila Urbi, seven year old veteran bitch shown in good condition. Up-to-size. Good skull, muzzle could be a little stronger. Excellent dark eye & good expression. Ears a little unsettled. Very good bone and feet. Nice body. Ridge a tad short, good crowns. Moves well.