Coventry & District Kennel Association.
Sunday 20th May 2018.
Thank you to the committee for their kind invitation to judge at their open show and to the exhibitors for their entries.
1. Goodman’s Lulukella’s Double O’Seven. Darker yellow 6 month old dog with good pigmentation. Nice head with typical lovely Labrador expression. Nicely balanced youngster all in proportion with good length of leg. Good straight movement. BP
2. Hodge’s Naiken Dance Rhythm. Black 9 month old short coupled bitch. Good amount of bone in good coat with thick otter tail. Nice reach of neck. Moved well.
1. King’s Linthwaite Excalibur. 13 month old yellow dog. Another lovely head with good pigmentation and lovely expression just needs to use his ears more. Level topline whilst stood and on the move. Nice turn of stifle and good length of leg. Sadly losing his coat on the day. Moved with drive.
2. Woodall’s Thirlmere Echo Falls. Black dog of 15 months. Again good length of leg and good rear angulation. Strong masculine head and made good use of his ears. Good reach of neck. Moved ok.
1. Goodman’s Lulukella’s Hometown Glory JW. Black compact bitch all in proportion. Reluctant to use her ears on the day. In good coat with thickly clothed otter tail of which she made good use of. Nice straight movement.
2. Bambrook’s Marshwiggle Shakespeare at Ravoakar JW. Judged this dog as a youngster and nice to see him maturing well. Good front and rear angulation. Once again a lovely Labrador head with good pigmentation, nice tight feet and moved with drive.
Post Graduate 5(0)
1. Young’s Potterspiney Angel Delight. I have to mention firstly what a cracking young handler this young lady is. She kept her dogs attention the whole time and showed them off to their best ability. Black 3 year old bitch with a lovely Labrador temperament. Again nice and compact but all in correct proportion and well balanced. Nice tight feet. In good coat with a thick otter tail. Good amount of bone but not overdone. Nice straight movement.
2. Ryan’s Tissalian Harmonika in Eviespride. Absolutely loved the feminine head on this 22 month old paler yellow bitch as she reminded me so much of my own bitch. Still maintaining her dark pigmentation. Good reach of neck. Level topline whilst stood and on the move. Good rear angulation and made good use of her tail. Moved well.
1. Young’s Potterspiney Richochet. Nothing much to separate first and second in this class. Just preferred the head of this dog. Yellow dog of 5 years. Well put together with good leg length. Good front and rear angulation and reach of neck. Starting to blow his coat but still correct type and texture. Moved with drive. Pleased to award him BOB.
2. Harvey Major & Bambrook’s Linjor Sessile Oak at Ravoakar ShCM. Similar attributes to winner although slightly shorter in leg. Shown in good condition and behaved impeccably. Tight compact feet and moved well.