- Photo by the Kennel Club
- Junior Warrant finalists 2018
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition semi-finals took place this weekend at London’s biggest dog event, Discover Dogs at ExCeL London, with 62 top young dogs competing for just ten places in the final, which will be held at Crufts 2019.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year semi-finals were judged by experienced judges Peter Young and Steven Seymour.
The ten finalists competing at Crufts 2019 will be:
- English Toy Terrier, Witchstone Tommy Hawk at Richpin JW, owned by Messrs R Forsythe & C Milkins. Bred by Messrs N Gourley & A Leonard.
- Pomeranian, Kamis Tin Tin at Altina JW, owned by Mrs T Berrington. Bred by Mrs E Severina.
- Basset Hound, Nelgus Thyme Bomb JW, owned and bred by Mrs C Allchorne.
- Australian Shepherd, Allmark The Sequel JW, owned by Mrs A & Mr A Winfrow. Bred by Mrs A & Mr N Allen & Mr R Harlow.
- Pointer, Pytchley Chasing The Dream for Hookwood JW, owned by Mrs S Welch & Miss C Hazeltine. Bred by Mrs U Henson.
- Italian Greyhound, Newill Good As Gold JW, owned and bred by Mr D Willcock.
- Cocker Spaniel, Kerriglow Honesty JW, owned and bred by Miss L Davies.
- Bearded Collie, Debbeacol Rhythm Is A Dancer JW, owned and bred by Mrs D Weightman.
- English Setter, Hawklawn Khamsin at Balvenie JW, owned by Mr P Schoneville & Mrs A Derry. Bred by Mr J & Mrs S Williamson.
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, Macdreams Trent from Cashel Vale JW, owned by Mrs Y Titovets & Mr S Eremin. Bred by Mrs H Van Der Hamsvoord.
The Junior Warrant is an award for pedigree dogs from the ages of 6 to 18 months which have won a series of first prizes at both open and championship shows. Achieving a Junior Warrant is one of the highest levels of success for young pedigree dogs.
The Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition is held annually and is for dogs which have gained the title of Junior Warrant during the previous year. The final will be just one of the fascinating activities taking place at Crufts from 7th – 10th March 2019 at the NEC, Birmingham.
To find out more about the Kennel Club Junior Warrant Winner of the Year competition, please visit www.thekennelclub.org.uk/juniorwarrant.